The old window

D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
edited September 20, 2014 in People
Recent shoot with Goele , combo of flash and ambient light.
CF006396.jpg
A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer

Comments

• jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2014
    lovely, but she's a bit centered, yes?
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2014
    Yes indeed jmphotocrafy, and if I was to redo it …I would place here off center…
    TXS
  • bmoreshooterbmoreshooter Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2014
    Why not just crop off center?
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    This is the first time the lighting in one of your photos looks unnatural to me. The combination of the color temperature and direction of your flash make it obvious that she is not lit by the soft light from the window. Not good for me.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    Agree with the lighting comments, seems very even and lose of center focus. My eye is dominated by the window.
  • BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    Always amazed how the pros like Mitchell and Hack see things I don't and then I say "Oh yeah".

I still like the image as a whole but they just gave me something else to watch for (as if I needed THAT. rolleyes1.gif)

My first impression was that the textures and detail are awesome. You know I am a majority of 1 when it comes to sharp settings. Laughing.gif. My only nit was the centering noted above. If I were to crop, I'd come from the left. The second (leftmost) window is expendable. That gorgeous wall and furniture are not.
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • trooperstroopers Registered Users Posts: 317 Major grins
    Superb!

I don't mind the lighting nor the model centered. What caught my eye was the new clean white curtain compared to the dusty dirty windows, floor and shelf/cabinet...seemed odd.
    Indeed , the picture is crap ....looking back at it .... at the moment of posting the event was so fresh in my mind that it looked good... So I fell for the well known trap of life emotions that I coupled on the picture. But was not able to capture it in the picture.....Now that those life emotions have drifted away I can see that the shot is no good at all....
  • BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    D3Sshooter wrote: »
    Indeed , the picture is crap ....looking back at it .... at the moment of posting the event was so fresh in my mind that it looked good... So I fell for the well known trap of life emotions that I coupled on the picture. But was not able to capture it in the picture.....Now that those life emotions have drifted away I can see that the shot is no good at all....

NOWWW we're gonna argue. You may be seeing new nits and I agree about the cropp but from the middle of the windows to the right edge, I love this image.
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    It's not crap. I'm on a slow connection and at first I just saw a portion of her looking out that was cropped horizontal with the window, and just behind her, and then just below her waist. I think maybe a tighter horizontal crop would work.
    edited September 20, 2014
    Txs folks, and don't worry . I love it when people state what they think.... and in this case you are all right.... it just is no good.......rolleyes1.gif And lots of room for improvement as you all stated .... TXS