New/lost password woes

I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
edited May 18, 2014 in SmugMug Support
forgot my password - so a new one was sent-which I copied and pasted into the password filed but it says it's not recognised nonetheless
Veni-Vidi-Snappii
...pics..

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited May 18, 2014
    Have you tried requesting another password reset? Or contacted the help desk - http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new?

--- Denise
  • thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2014
    Try typing it instead, it's easy to end up copying extra spaces before/after the password which can mess it up.

Alternatively, just request another reset, there's no limit.
  • grannyrobingrannyrobin Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2014
    I Simonius wrote: »
    forgot my password - so a new one was sent-which I copied and pasted into the password filed but it says it's not recognised nonetheless

If you'll please follow the link Denise provided, we'll look up your account. We'd like to get this squared away as quickly as we possibly can.

-Robin
  • I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2014
    OK I requested another one which worked - thanks!

Still got a problem though in that safari won't let me see my bio page in the leagcy view and the new view (not published) won't let me edit my bio - so Im stuck for editing my bio
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
    edited May 18, 2014
    OStill got a problem though in that safari won't let me see my bio page in the leagcy view and the new view (not published) won't let me edit my bio - so I'm stuck for editing my bio
    Have you tried a different browser? I found that when I was working on my new site that I had to work in IE for some functionality - seems to work in all 3 browsers that I have now (IE, Firefox, Chrome) but there have been times when it didn't.

I assume that you've tried clearing the browser cache.

--- Denise
  • I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2014
    yes thanks.

Iprefer safari but FF is needed for some access and functionality. even then , sometimes things work and at others they don't.

It's why I haven't gone over to the new look yet - it is too time consuming trying to get things to change. So a little ata time, very little, lots of time. No rush though

tried Chrome but didnt get on with it, IE isn't an option, I detest it.
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
    edited May 18, 2014
    Iprefer safari but FF is needed for some access and functionality. even then , sometimes things work and at others they don't.

It's why I haven't gone over to the new look yet - it is too time consuming trying to get things to change...

tried Chrome but didnt get on with it, IE isn't an option, I detest it.
    If you want to move to new smug why not try one of the browsers you don't like? Use it just to finish the work on your site. In my experience browser problems and behavior do not seem to be consistent. Without trying / using one of the other browsers you might be waiting for a long time.

--- Denise