FS (maybe): Uniloc tripod, Bogen heads

DaniDani Registered Users Posts: 807 Major grins
edited November 29, 2005 in Flea Market
I have a uni-loc minor system 1700 tripod that I got for Christmas last year (per my request) and it has been used only once or twice since then! Not that its not a great tripod... its just too much for me. I'm only 5'4 and 115lbs and I have a bad back and shoulders.... the uni-loc weighs 5.5lbs for the tripod alone.. I need something thats no more than 4lbs for the tripod and head.

Heres some info:
[font=Arial, Helvetica][size=-1][font=Arial, Helvetica]Maximum Height:[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]66"[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]Folded Height:[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]32"[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]Outer Leg Diameter:[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]1.2"[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]Inner Leg & Centre Column Diameter:[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]1"[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]Weight:[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica]5.5 lbs[/font]

UNI-LOC SYSTEM TRIPODS

The System series of tripods has been developed to meet the growing need for even greater versatility in a tripod. To date, tripods have always presented limitations to the user and it was these limitations that the System tripods were designed to eliminate.

A unique modular tripod, the System simply transforms at the turn of an allen key into a choice of 2 monopods, a walking stick or a table-top tripod (using the additional table legs) dependent on requirements.

This development, along with the introduction of a patented 180 degree centre column angle joint and double camera platform means the System tripods can be adapted to serve various needs that cannot be met by conventional tripods. The resultant flexibility even enables the units to be used in many different ways beyond the scope of conventional tripods.

ADDITIONAL UNIQUE FEATURES OF THE SYSTEM TRIPODS:
  • Modular construction
    • The major components of the tripod may be removed to configure the tripod as desired. This allows freedom to create special purpose equipment supports. All components may be purchased individually.
  • 180 Degree centre column angle joint
    • This is a very useful aid for low angle shots and confined spaces
  • Double side tripod platform
    • This platform has two faces at 90 degrees to each other. For low angle shots, when the centre column is parallel to the ground, use this platform to mount the camera head in an upright position
  • 3-Section centre column
    • The centre column may be shortened to ease position in confined spaces
  • Non-slip feet covers - for indoor use
    • These are soft push-on feet that give added grip on smooth floors. They also protect floor surfaces
  • Platform head cap
    • Protects the thread on an unused tripod platform and will allow a monopod to be used as a walking stick
  • Two monopods
    • A folding monopod may be formed by connecting the centre column to a leg unit. A short sports monopod may be constructed using a leg and a platform
  • Table top tripod
    • This may be constructed using tripod components and an extra set of short legs. (N.B. These are only available at extra cost)
  • Other accessories
    • Table clamps, tilt brackets, flash accessory brackets and bags complete the range of SYSTEM products available. See UK PRICE LIST for further details
[/size][/font]
I found some shots of one in action online http://imageevent.com/pmattf/naturephotography/uniloc;jsessionid=risbxg6051.tiger_s

It really is a great setup for macro work... you can get in all kinds of positions. Setting up takes some carefull getting used to... but its fairly easy after you play around with it and if you've ever used a Benbo then it will be familiar.

The head I have is a Bogen [font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]329RC4 Low Profile 3-Way Pan/Tilt Head with Quick Release.... it has a 19.8lb capacity and a spirit level. Again it was part of the Christmas present and has been used once.[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I also have a Bogen 3229 swivel/tilt head for a monopod... as the uniloc can be converted to a monopod.[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I'm not exactly sure on how much interest there would be in a system like this. Or if it should go all together, or all seperate. Plus me and the tripod are in Canada right now so thats a factor as well.... but please contact me with any questions or offers if you have them!![/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]thanks[/font]
Dani

20D | 300D-IR | EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 18-55 | 50 f/1.8 II | 70-200 f/4L | 17-40L | Lensbaby 2.0 | 250D | 550ex | Gitzo 1257 | RRS BH-40 | RRS L-plates

The Blog | The Photos

Comments

• BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2005
    Wow if I didn't have and really like my Benbo (same design) I'd be all over this. My boss uses one and it is a rock solid tripod with no "Benbo drift" in the leg joint, anyone who wants a SERIOUS and versitle tripod should check this out.
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2005
    A price would be helpful.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • DaniDani Registered Users Posts: 807 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2005
    JimM wrote:
    A price would be helpful.
    prolly ask $350 for all three together.. plus shipping.. thats a bit over $100 less than what I paid.... and everything is practically brand spanking new.

this is just a feeler post though... as I said... I am in canada at the moment... and so is the tripod!!! I'd like to ship it from the US (unless canadian buyer) but no one really wants it then I don't want to mess with trying to get it back to Oklahoma.
    Dani

20D | 300D-IR | EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 18-55 | 50 f/1.8 II | 70-200 f/4L | 17-40L | Lensbaby 2.0 | 250D | 550ex | Gitzo 1257 | RRS BH-40 | RRS L-plates

The Blog | The Photos
  • GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2005
    Awwww Man!
    I wish I had the dinero!!:uhoh
    That would be IDEAL for the stuff I like to do.
    Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
    Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 29, 2005
    Dani, the photos you posted have a focusing rail as well. Is that part of the system (that you have) or additional, as with any tripod head?

With the focusing rail, that is a system I need in the lab. Too bad you're not setup to take Purchase Orders, you'd have one coming your way!!
    lol3.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 29, 2005
    I've usurped my dictatory powers to call this a "FS (maybe)" thread. We can't have people getting all touchy feely in here...

:hide

And I took the liberty of making it a tripod, not a tripop, although a tripop sounds like it could be fun.
    lol3.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited November 29, 2005
    I didn't even notice that! No... it does not have a focusing rail.... this is just the tripod and two heads (or just the tripod?)

I might not be able to accept PO's... but I can generate invoices (paypal) mwink.gif
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Dani, the photos you posted have a focusing rail as well. Is that part of the system (that you have) or additional, as with any tripod head?

With the focusing rail, that is a system I need in the lab. Too bad you're not setup to take Purchase Orders, you'd have one coming your way!!
    lol3.gif
    Dani

The Blog | The Photos
    edited November 29, 2005
    rolleyes1.gif
    DoctorIt wrote:
    And I took the liberty of making it a tripod, not a tripop, although a tripop sounds like it could be fun.
    lol3.gif
    Dani

The Blog | The Photos