Chagrin

rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
edited August 5, 2010 in Street and Documentary
956858628_R4TLa-XL.jpg

Comments

• Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2010
    Interesting that the guy sitting down is looking at her with what seems like a sense of bewilderment. Cool shot!

***I might be tempted to try to crop out the random feet/legs on the right.
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2010
    She has a smug mug! (literally...)
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2010
    Rainbow,
    I love your conversion!!!
    Some might say that the shadows could be brought out a little more, but I like it as is:)

As for the shot, great capture. Her smirk, the young guys stare, is he checking her out, I can't tell?
    Then the older man's smile at the woman whose sneakers are the only visible feature.

I like this capture.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2010
    Love it. Very self satisfied look on the lady's face!! The fact that you got the feet really makes this picture.

I don't get the title, but who cares? Fun photo!!

Virginia

Email
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2010
    Nikonic1 wrote: »
    Interesting that the guy sitting down is looking at her with what seems like a sense of bewilderment. Cool shot!

***I might be tempted to try to crop out the random feet/legs on the right.

Thanks!

The feet gotta stay or Liz's post will make no sense...headscratch.gif
    edited August 5, 2010
    MarkR wrote: »
    She has a smug mug! (literally...)

Yeah, my take is she is reacting to something the guy said/did...
    edited August 5, 2010
    Rainbow,
    I love your conversion!!!
    Some might say that the shadows could be brought out a little more, but I like it as is:)

As for the shot, great capture. Her smirk, the young guys stare, is he checking her out, I can't tell?
    Then the older man's smile at the woman whose sneakers are the only visible feature.

I like this capture.

I disavow the high contrast highlights as they were in the bright sun while I was shooting in the shade...:cry

I believe some interchanged happened between the guy and the girl which is why their expressions and body language seem connected. And the older guy has seen it all (but is still looking...rolleyes1.gif)
    edited August 5, 2010
    Flyinggina wrote: »
    Love it. Very self satisfied look on the lady's face!! The fact that you got the feet really makes this picture.

I don't get the title, but who cares? Fun photo!!

Virginia

"Chagrin" was the word that came to mind first when I looked at the guy. Then it also applied to the striding woman.

BUT... no one mentioned my favorite person in the photo: the older woman spying on them (behind the guy and through the glass). She is tailing one of them...:hide
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2010
    I noticed that. But then again, she might have been noticing the bloke with the camera coming toward her. Not to pick on the title, but "smug" seems a better description of the expressions than "chagrin." Otherwise, nice clean pedestrian shot.