two for now..8/25 wedding

lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited September 4, 2012 in Weddings
when I get finished with these I will share the set but I just have to post these two that I adore!

i-9gh926M-L.jpg

i-kTzZGzB-L.jpg

Comments

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2012
    Mellissa, try cropping out the building in the 1st shot. The building is too mundane.

How did your get the couple in a well? lol..lovely image though the big blob of flare is distracting. also were you lying on your back to take that shot hehe
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2012
    Qarik wrote: »
    Mellissa, try cropping out the building in the 1st shot. The building is too mundane.

How did your get the couple in a well? lol..lovely image though the big blob of flare is distracting. also were you lying on your back to take that shot hehe

really? I kind of liked the depth that the spotlights on the building gives. I'll try it without and see!

and i wish the flare wasn't there but i set up and shot it in less than a minute (with my super el cheapo tokina wide angle lens) since the party bus driver was getting ticked! We were in a large silo, just climbed through the small opening..and i was definitely on the ground right underneath them and on top of some creepy bugs.
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2012
    I agree 100% with Daniel. Lose the building.
    Silo shot is awesome. Don't sweat the flare. Only photogs will notice it in any negative way. If it offends you too much, just crop it out.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • GRodGRod Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited August 30, 2012
    Very creative shots. Love the B/W image. Great composition and conversion. I sort of like the second image. It's different and very unique, however, my eye bounce all over the place. Nevertheless, I am sure this couple will love your work.
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2012
    Qarik wrote: »

Respectfully, I disagree; I like the building. makes me think of a couple going out back for a private moment alone.

is that a well?
  • FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2012
    beautiful shots.
    I'm with Qarik, though. Building doesn't add much.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2012
    beautiful composition in both shots! the flare doesn't bother me too much in #2 because my eyes are drawn immediately to the subject. great captures!
    wedding portfolio michaelglennphoto.com
    fashion portfolio michaelglennfashion.com
  • bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2012
    Love the second shot! The flare isn't terrible, just a tad distracting. I agree with the comments about losing the building, it will add some mystery to the shot and remove the boring structure. If it were an old brick building with antique lights I'd likely say keep it in. My two pennies... :)
  • babowcbabowc Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2012
    I'm going to agree with Qarik, too.
    The building doesn't add much and also doesn't seem relevant.
    #2 is beautiful!
    As many others have said, I also do not think the flare is an issue at all.
    -Mike Jin
    D800
    16/2.8, f1.4G primes, f2.8 trio, 105/200 macro, SB900.
    It never gets easier, you just get better.
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2012
    thanks for all the input! i have a modified version of number 1 i'll post later when I get it uploaded!
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2012
    Holy schnikes, woman! You are rockin' it. Excellent work :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!