edited September 9, 2010 in Street and Documentary
996846491_TmF34-X2.jpg
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2010
    Not sure why this made me smile. Makes me feel like you are pushing the envelope of street for sure.

It's an odd shot and there are a few things I like about it:
    the legs sticking out at the bottom of the painting
    the painting itself, it's blurry but you can tell it's a nude (makes me wonder who painted it and who the model is)
    the telescope pointing out of the window, at near street level instead of the sky.
    though I know you took the shot, I want to say those are your legs and sneakers, don't know why.

bizzare.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2010
    Not sure why this made me smile. Makes me feel like you are pushing the envelope of street for sure.

the painting itself, it's blurry but you can tell it's a nude (makes me wonder who painted it and who the model is)
    the telescope pointing out of the window, at near street level instead of the sky.
    though I know you took the shot, I want to say those are your legs and sneakers, don't know why.

bizzare.

Bizarre it is and wrong you are. It's not me; I shot it. Wouldn't be a pic without those legs; weird blurred female nude above, man's legs and sneakers below. Somehow it works for me, but....headscratch.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2010
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Bizarre it is and wrong you are. It's not me; I shot it. Wouldn't be a pic without those legs; weird blurred female nude above, man's legs and sneakers below. Somehow it works for me, but....headscratch.gif

lol--did I forget to say it works for me too.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2010
    Gee wish the nude was in better focus :Dmwink.gif

the Harley emblem on the cup works too thumb.gif
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2010
    gorgeously original
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2010
    I'm really wanting to like this picture. It definitely has the wtf factor - wonderful to have the telescope looking out the window, the blurred nude, the sneakered person seated on the - is that a bed or a chair? Great fun and really neat concdeptually. I'm glad you posted it. It gave me a good chuckle.

But - despite the good composition and all of the above, I'm responding to the photograph as though it is an amusing joke. Once you've heard it, you don't necessarily want to hear it again. If that makes any sense.

My problem, I think, is that 1/4 of the photo is taken up by a dark blob. Objectively, I see that having that much of the woman who is holding the picture helps balance the rest of the picture nicely, perhaps even adds to the mystery, but it just isn't working for me.

Virginia

Email
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2010

bizzare.

perhaps the artist is using the telescope to find his/her subject for the nude. rolleyes1.gif
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2010
    Flyinggina wrote: »
    I'm really wanting to like this picture. It definitely has the wtf factor - wonderful to have the telescope looking out the window, the blurred nude, the sneakered person seated on the - is that a bed or a chair? Great fun and really neat concdeptually. I'm glad you posted it. It gave me a good chuckle.

But - despite the good composition and all of the above, I'm responding to the photograph as though it is an amusing joke. Once you've heard it, you don't necessarily want to hear it again. If that makes any sense.

My problem, I think, is that 1/4 of the photo is taken up by a dark blob. Objectively, I see that having that much of the woman who is holding the picture helps balance the rest of the picture nicely, perhaps even adds to the mystery, but it just isn't working for me.

Virginia

Well, at least it amused you once; I'll take that. mwink.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com