Options

Flowers with a long lens

Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
edited June 17, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
The attached image was shot as follows: f/6.3 1/1250 iso500 at a distance of 2.7 meters using the Nikor 70-200mm lens @200mm with a 1.4TC on D80 for an effective 420mm . Aside from upping the exposure a bit and increasing the vibrance and contrast in Camera Raw the post processing was minimal.
DSC_0818_Sm_cl-XL.jpg

Jack
(My real name is John but Jack'll do)

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2014
    Good Lord, Jack, where have you been? Didn't your mom ever tell you it's not nice to just disappear like that? Your participation on a regular basis was always a high-point for the rest of us. I sure hope you'll hang around for a while. You've been missed.

I love this flower shot. I have only one reservation....I'm afraid that Randy will draw strength from your efforts. He's deep into flower mania now and he'll use your posting as inspiration to open the floodgates.:D

Welcome back, my friend. I'm really looking forward to your participation.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited June 15, 2014
    I love the detail you captured in the petals!

--- Denise
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2014
    Howdy Mr Jack!

I'm with Tom on the welcome back.

Nice job on the flowers.

Keep em' coming.

Tom is fighting an internal battle. He strongly wants to post flower images, but he still has one foot in the closet about it.

Take care...
    Randy