I Couldn't Get My Wife....

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited July 1, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
....to buy one of these dresses. A small shop in Blowing Rock, NC, always has a neat sidewalk display of colorful, casual dresses. I can't pass by without firing off an abstract shot.

bright%20work%20048-X3.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2014
    Certainly are colorful Tom. Apparently your wife has good taste!

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2014
    Colors are intense and beautiful! If I didn't see the buttons, I would think they are kitchen aprons or something!:D
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2014
    So I said, "Honey, come and look at this picture Tom posted... would you?"
    She came over and said, "I would so wear that dress" and gave me her size to send you...
    I told her that I didn't think you were offering to take orders - just sharing a colorful abstract photo...
    She walked away muttering something about Men - it didn't sound flattering. :D
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2014
    Jack'll do wrote: »
    Certainly are colorful Tom. Apparently your wife has good taste!

I've always thought she did, Jack....and I've got some unholy receipts to prove it. I've got to say, though, I was attracted to the things ( being the color freak I am ) and the women were swarming around the displays.

Take care, my friend,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited June 24, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Colors are intense and beautiful! If I didn't see the buttons, I would think they are kitchen aprons or something!:D

I tell you, Taz, I wish I had come up with the intro of these dresses. They were flying off the rack. Freedom of expression is a very powerful force.

As always, it's great to hear from you.

Take care buddy,

Tom
    edited June 24, 2014
    Earache wrote: »
    So I said, "Honey, come and look at this picture Tom posted... would you?"
    She came over and said, "I would so wear that dress" and gave me her size to send you...
    I told her that I didn't think you were offering to take orders - just sharing a colorful abstract photo...
    She walked away muttering something about Men - it didn't sound flattering. :D

If I could control my cackling, Eric, I could probably make a sensible response. I can tell you, though, there's a fair number of men going to discover a new look to the love of their life. And if the bloom is off the flower in his marriage, the guy is probably going to say that she got what she deserved....while the gal is going to revel in her new-found freedom of expression.

Say hi to your wife for me. She's in the majority.

See ya,

Tom
  • R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2014
    Hi Tom, I've just come back from working on a mine site where 'Hi-Vis' clothing is the order of the day - I think the clothing in your shot would qualify as 'mining work-wear' - certainly brighten up the day:D Well seen.

Cheers, Richard.
    edited June 25, 2014
    R.Jay wrote: »
    Hi Tom, I've just come back from working on a mine site where 'Hi-Vis' clothing is the order of the day - I think the clothing in your shot would qualify as 'mining work-wear' - certainly brighten up the day:D Well seen.

Cheers, Richard.

Hi Richard. When grabbing this shot, I was simply responding to the plethora of color and texture. An interesting situation, however, has developed.

I have a house-full of guest with me on this mountain trip. The division of opinion between the men and women over these dresses has been enlightening....to say the least. The gals are unanimous in their approval; the men ( with one exception....me ) think otherwise. The whole thing must speak to some fundamental difference between the sexes. I certainly had no intention of stirring that pot when snapping a simple street scene.

Take care of yourself with that mining stuff,

Tom
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2014
    Wow Tom! This is a great explosion in color. A mountain trip? I would have thought it was somewhere in the Caribbean...
    edited June 26, 2014
    Juano wrote: »
    Wow Tom! This is a great explosion in color. A mountain trip? I would have thought it was somewhere in the Caribbean...

Hi guy,

Yea, it was the glaring colors that grabbed me as well. You're right....one would associate these colors with something in the islands. However, since I'm trying to escape the brutal Florida heat and humidity, I scurried to the high country. I hope to add to my barn series while here.

See ya,

Tom
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2014
    Such beautiful vibrant colors - I'd wear one :D
    edited July 1, 2014
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Such beautiful vibrant colors - I'd wear one :D

I've heard, Mary, that a comely lass dancing around in one of these dresses can actually stall the advent of Winter. What size would you like for me to send you?

Take care....say hi to John,

Tom