Options

Name question

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited March 27, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
ETA - found it! Never mind.

So I posted a link to my smugsite on Facebook, and, even though I am now using a custom url, I note the link still has the underlying name (that I signed up with 6 years ago, before i was doing this professionally). How do I make that go away so ONLY the custom - business - name turns up?

THanks!

Comments

• Options
    edited March 26, 2015
    Hmm. Post-ETA, even though I have changed it in the account name, it's still showing up in the link with "divamum" instead of divatography. Does it just take a few minutes to catch up with itself?
  • Options
    JohnHeroJohnHero Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2015
    You may need to run your URL through the Facebook debugger in order for Facebook to update. Can you try that and let me know if that helps.

https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/
    John
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    JohnHeroJohnHero Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2015
    All you need to do is take the URL you would paste into your status update and paste it into the URL field of debugger. This should assist in updating the data that Facebook pulls.
    John
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2015
    Yup, that worked. However, I would prefer it doesn't display my profile picture. Any way of changing that while still leaving it on the profile page?
  • Options
    Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2015
    Since your old name is probably cached in several places (your bowser, google, Facebook ...) it might take a while before the new name comes up, yes. And in your case I suspect it is the Facebook cache that still has it wrong, I just tried linking to your site from my profile and get the same type of error.
    That is unless you haven't changed your "Display name" in your Profile settings to the new one, I think that should be the one Facebook uses to present the photographers name.
    By the way: you might want to change your profile photo as well - so that you don't show that white-bearded guy in your contact form but your own profile?
    If so: Top right under your icon choose: Edit profile -> About Me (preselected) -> Profile Photo and choose one of your liking :)

Good luck

Lille Ulven
    https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2015
    divamum wrote: »
    Yup, that worked. However, I would prefer it doesn't display my profile picture. Any way of changing that while still leaving it on the profile page?
    There's not an option to do that. You could only consider using a different photo for your profile photo that you're fine with having displayed on Facebook and in your contact form.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero