Copy of Digital Download Licenses & hide owner question

CleeFeltyCleeFelty Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited June 8, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I am considering an upgrade to pro, but had two questions for the experts:

1. Is there a place with the wording for the Digital Download licenses? I can only see bits in the online feature write-ups and want to see the language here as I plan my strategy.

2. I think I know the answer to his, but...if I upgrade to Pro and use the feature "Hide Owner", would this mean that all customization, including shopping cart pricing customization, also be hidden? What I am trying to do here is to save some $ (not cheap, but starting out and being realistic - I understand it is not a large investment), I want to use hidden galleries on my personal site for the small commercial jobs I am coming across. I'm not comfortable giving them access to my personal photos, so the hidden gallery works perfect. But should they want to purchase a digital download, would my pricing not appear?

Sorry if I am not articulating and thank you in advance for your assistance.

CleeFelty

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2007
    CleeFelty wrote:
    I am considering an upgrade to pro, but had two questions for the experts:

1. Is there a place with the wording for the Digital Download licenses? I can only see bits in the online feature write-ups and want to see the language here as I plan my strategy.
    Yep. Sticky in this forum, the digital download thread. Link in the first post:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=39261

2. I think I know the answer to his, but...if I upgrade to Pro and use the feature "Hide Owner", would this mean that all customization, including shopping cart pricing customization, also be hidden? What I am trying to do here is to save some $ (not cheap, but starting out and being realistic - I understand it is not a large investment), I want to use hidden galleries on my personal site for the small commercial jobs I am coming across. I'm not comfortable giving them access to my personal photos, so the hidden gallery works perfect. But should they want to purchase a digital download, would my pricing not appear?
    Yes, all customization is gone in a hide owner gallery. The pricing remains yours though :D
  • CleeFeltyCleeFelty Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited June 7, 2007
    Thank you Andy!

Just so I am crystal clear - I could then upgrade to Pro, set my pricing, and share "Hide Owner" galleries with commercial clients and the pricing in the cart would be the pricing I customized and set myself?

Just want to make sure - thank you for all the help!
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    CleeFelty wrote:
    Thank you Andy!

Just so I am crystal clear - I could then upgrade to Pro, set my pricing, and share "Hide Owner" galleries with commercial clients and the pricing in the cart would be the pricing I customized and set myself?

Just want to make sure - thank you for all the help!
    Yes.