Smugmug screwy problems.

Troy RaymondTroy Raymond Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
edited October 11, 2015 in SmugMug Support
I just realized I put this in the wrong category, can admin or a mod please move?

Seeking help or information.

As I try to get my new site designed to reveal, the last week I have been unable to:

Do anything but browse or upload to an existing gallery.
Organize in new smug will not let me view, create or delete anything, Error's for everything.
Customize goes to a blank page....
will constantly require me to re-log in, sometimes from the smugmug.com main page.

No control at all....

Windows 7, Chrome.

Smug user troyraymond.

Thank You in advance.

Comments

• rnrjoshrnrjosh Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2015
    I did a reset on the back end for you, which will force you to login to your account again. More than likely, that should resolve any issues with being logged in to your account. Try logging in to your account again, and you should likely be good to go, but if you still have any problems, drop us a line at the helpdesk and let us know what you see (screenshots are always helpful) and we can take a closer look.
    Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Troy RaymondTroy Raymond Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2015
    I finally had a chance to spend some quality time with my website and the same thing is happening. In old smug whenever I try to do anything it logs me out, in new smug when I try to create or organize I get an error "Uh oh! Something went wrong while loading this page. Please reload the page and try again while we fire up the Bat signal and start hunting down the bugs."

I can't share screen shots because I have no place to store them.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    Hey Troy,

If you're on Win7, you can use the Windows Snipping Tool to make a screen shot and save it to your desktop as a .jpg. Then you can attach the file to any email or include it as an attachment on Dgrin.
    I didn't realize I could attach to a message without hosting it. The screen darkens and gives this error when I click on anything in organize. Customize seems to work, but I can't upload any of my graphics/images for content.

I've thought of revealing the new site and quickly getting it acceptable, but I don't want to reveal a new site and still not have any control.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    Sorry you're having problems. I'm guessing this is something specific to your account and that the SmugMug help desk is more capable of solving than we are on Dgrin. ne_nau.gif
  • FlounderFlounder Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    Troy,

Would you mind clearing your browser cookies related to your custom domain? Josh did clear your cookies related to SmugMug, but hopefully clearing the custom domain cookies will do the trick. I also ask that you please allow 3rd party cookies in your browser. Additionally, login from our homepage (www.smugmug.com) and you should be good to go.

If you continue to have trouble, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Nick
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited October 11, 2015
    Thanks Nick, I cleared all cookies, made sure 3rd party cookies were accepted and it still doesn't work. I'm on windows 10 now by the way.

I unveiled the new smug site thinking this would solve the problems, now I have a home page with a non linked menu.

Customize goes to a blank page where I can do nothing, it works on my tablet but I can't drag to create anything.

Organize gives me the attached error when I click on anything.

I log into the Smug main page every time.

Troy
    edited October 11, 2015
    I may have figured it out, I'll let you know if problems persist. If I log in with the custom name which it automatically goes to it doesn't work. If I use troyraymond.smugmug it seems to work.... (it didn't work this way before unveiling)