Options

help removing caption and keywords from smugmug gallery

bernardpearsonbernardpearson Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited August 31, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
Hi all

I have the following gallery and I wish to disable the captions and keywords and only have the filename.
http://www.bernardpearson.com/SoldierOn/Ball2015/

It irritates me that smugmug cannot simply allow the image filenames to be displayed.
I am trying to attach the following css and I am not having any success in removing the caption and keywords. Using the following CSS
.gallery_49873117_dK4DpK #smugmug #photos .caption {display:none}
.gallery_49873117_dK4DpK #photoKeywords {display:none}

Questions
1: Have I got the correct gallery id?
2: Also how do I apply this CSS and where? a CSS block on the gallery?

All help would be greatly appreciated:help
Bernard

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2015
    You can hide captions with CSS but the only way to get the filename to auto show is blank out the caption.

The page class name in red when used will make the CSS specific to this gallery.

<body style="" class="sm-user-professional sm-page sm-page-node sm-page-node-tkMKXc
    sm-page-parentnode-kCSM7 sm-page-parentnode-NHRQ4t sm-page-gallery sm-page-gallery-album sm-page-initialized">

This would remove the caption and keywords. And title.
    .sm-page-node-tkMKXc .sm-tile-info {display:none}

Or just remove just the KW's

.sm-page-node-tkMKXc .sm-tile-keywords {display:none}

or display KW's only for you when logged in

.sm-page-node-tkMKXc .sm-tile-keywords {display:none}
    .sm-user-owner.sm-page-node-tkMKXc .sm-tile-keywords {display:block}

Note: .sm-user-owner.sm-page-node-tkMKXc has no space between them because they are
    both in the same div body class.

Looks like the caption has no class name assigned so have to the :nth-child() Selector.
    <div class="sm-tile-info">
      <p class="sm-inlineedit-empty sm-inlineedit-node" data-name="All"></p>
      <p class="sm-tile-title " data-name="Title" data-placeholder="add title">Soldier On Fundraising Ball 2015</p>
      <p [COLOR="Red"]class=""[/COLOR] data-type="textarea" data-name="CaptionRaw" data-placeholder="add caption">The 2015 National...
      <p class="sm-tile-keywords " data-name="Keywords" data-pla...
    </div>
    </div>

.sm-page-node-tkMKXc .sm-tile-info p:nth-child(3) {display:none}

I am using "Inspect Element" in Firefox.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2015
    .sm-page-node-tkMKXc is the class name for this gallery only, every page/folder/gallery has a unique specific class name.
    If you lead your CSS rule with it, it will be specific for this gallery only.

Because it is specific you can put it in "entire site" or "all galleries" CSS. You do not have to "Make This Gallery Custom".
    I would only "Make This Gallery Custom" or page or folder if you're adding/deleting a widget only for that page.

There's been many a mistake made when wanting to a add something like a text or html for special instructions to a page
    and it shows up on all pages of this type. So in the right flyout pay attention to what is highlighted.

All my bird folders have a HTML widget above the thumbs so every folder in this tree is "Just This Folder".
    Start here and click down to sub-folders and below for an example. I use the gallery description at the end.
    http://www.photosbyat.com/Birds/2015-Birding
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2015
    Hi Allen,

Thanks for your help.
    I applied the above text into my CSS and it has removed the captions and keywords.
    Sorry to trouble you again, did you have advice on how to display the filename?
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2015
    force filename to show
    Hi Allen,

Thanks for your help.
    I applied the above text into my CSS and it has removed the captions and keywords.
    Sorry to trouble you again, did you have advice on how to display the filename?
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2015
    Unless you manually add them the only other way is to leave the caption blank and turn on
    file names in gallery settings. Of course, you can't hide captions then.
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2015
    re hiding captions display filename
    Hi Allen,

Part of my work flow is to embedd information into the caption field that complies with alot of my clients archive conventions and to compile with the Alt text for WCAG 2.0 accessability.
    When I upload these images into smugmug it auto populates the caption and keyword boxes. It is not always required to display and hence why I wish to turn off the captions and keywords to make the gallery cleaner, particulary for displaying on mobile platforms.
    I cant understand the simplest things of displaying an image filename gets repeatedly ignored by smugmug devs as all photographers have a filenaming method and this filename is what is referenced between photographer and client.
    Just wish there was a simple way of achieving this.
    I am not a coder and have very limited experience with this so if you can explain in simple laments terms that would be appreciated
    Thanks