Options

Wedding onsite photo slideshow

PixelBoxPixelBox Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited January 8, 2013 in Weddings
Hi guys. Just want to ask what software do you use when making an same day edit photo slideshow during weddings?

Comments

• Options
    BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2013
    I've never been asked, and if I was, I think I would decline, even if it meant losing the client. For western culture weddings, there just isn't enough time to be futzing with that unless you had someone putting it together while you shoot. If that was the case I think Animoto would do the job well. I have worked with Bar Mitzvah entertainers that have their own photogs take party pics and they slideshow them during the party, not sure how they do it, but I think it is something that integrates with eye-fi. We always hate when they have that service, and end up teaching their photographers to take better pictures, because inevitably the guests think it is our pictures that are being displayed. For an eastern paced, all day wedding I could see how you could cut something together day of, and I think Animoto would be the way to go.
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2013
    If you shoot Nikon, I just browse my RAW / JPG photos in Nikon View NX, cull them with color flags, (which Lightroom can recognize later when you import!) ...and then click the slideshow function.

Other people use the collage slideshow / screen saver feature on a Mac, or an actual slideshow app, but I"ve never needed more than Nikon View NX. If you shoot Canon however, their equivalent to View NX is worthless. Try PhotoMechanic, or just shoot RAW+small JPG and use Bridge to browse the JPGs...
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2013
    Most pros don't show anything the day of the wedding. I just watched Creative Live yesterday, and they had Bambi Cantrell on there, and the way she does it, the bride and groom don't see anything untill they go in to review the proofs, and pick the photos for their album. After they are done with that, she shows them a slide show of the photos she picked as the best ones. She uses ProSelect for just about everything from the creation of the wedding album, slide show, to making the invoice. But if your just looking for somethng to make a slide show, quite a few people here use Pro Show Gold with nice results.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    PixelBoxPixelBox Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited January 8, 2013
    Ok. Thanks guys! I always use RAW+JPEG when shooting weddings. I can edit some highlights of the wedding(preparation-ceremony) at the reception or on the way to the reception. Onsite photo slideshow allows me to show my work to guests and it's another way to advertise my group that's why I added it on my wedding package. :)