michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited June 15, 2010 in Street and Documentary
A couple of nights ago I unintentionally set my camera to ISO H.02 or 25600. Here's one from the evening. The funny thing was that I kept noticing that I was able to keep my shutter speed up while not being wide open. Also improving on the manual focus thing.
900977110_ig4PW-XL.jpg

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited June 14, 2010
    What a wonderful arrangement of people. clap.gif There is very little noise at this resolution--D700? Damn impressive.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    What a wonderful arrangement of people. clap.gif There is very little noise at this resolution--D700? Damn impressive.

Yep 15524779-Ti.gif
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    I see that the distinction between street and sidewalks is still blurry. I assume there is a cacaphony of horns blaring as part of the ambience.

Well shot!
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    rainbow wrote: »
    I see that the distinction between street and sidewalks is still blurry. I assume there is a cacophony of horns blaring as part of the ambiance. Well shot!

I don't get your comment about the distinction between the street and Sidewalk being blurry...seems pretty distinct to me.

Care to elaborate on your comment. Just curious. Okay, now I'm up to speed...people standing in the street...duh...sometimes I'm pretty slow.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2010
    So, are you manually focusing for a reason? Very impressive ISO performance.
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2010
    So, are you manually focusing for a reason? Very impressive ISO performance.

I'm manually focussing for three reasons. Firstly, working on the an idea of separation which is going to have subjects at edges of the frame or otherwise separated and not always on the same plane. Secondly, practice never hurts. Thirdly, if I can't control myself I might end up with an RF setup.

Yes, the ISO is surprisingly outstanding.