Options

First Time Posting in a Long Time! C&C Appreciated!

ScootersbabygirlScootersbabygirl Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
edited June 30, 2012 in Weddings
Hey guys!! I've been absent for awhile but I'm baacckk :D and ready for some more critiquing! I've been slowly growing my business and while there are still days I think, "OMG I'm so not good enough to do this", I keep being told that I am. But you guys are the experts and the ones I look up to, so your comments and critiques are appreciated! Thanks!!

1. Had to post this - the bridesmaid was gorgeous!

i-WSTBJ24-M.jpg

2. These two were so in love!! And yeah, a little but of sun flare but I'm a sun flare whore :D

i-w3qwTZD-M.jpg

3. Usually the brides go right past the horse - not this one! Pure country girl :D

i-wC6kqDP-M.jpg

4. When the groomsmen saw the bridesmaids doing this, they decided they had to as well!

i-M4jFKxb-M.jpg

5. This is my favorite cake shot so far this year ;D

i-z9xFQCz-M.jpg

6. The bride's name? Randee - my name? Randi!! Loved it!

i-9Dmttqx-M.jpg

7. I know this pose is "overdone", but she was so gorgeous, and the gown was as well, I HAD to!

i-pcFCQf3-M.jpg

8. Oops, forgot to post this higher - trying something new...do you think it works or no?

i-Nx29HHZ-M.jpg

As always, C&C is appreciated!!

Comments

• Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2012
    yes #8 works. If your trustworthy peers honestly tell you your work is good enough, then it is time to trust their judgement a little more than your occasional doubts.....

I have a friend that was special and beautiful in many ways but she did not really feel it. She competed in pageants from time to time but always had to have a buddy by her side etc. She never won the competitions she entered. One year my daughter who usually helped backstage etc could not be there so she refused to try a second time. I told her that not only I but many people saw something that she could not see and she needed to trust us and stop operating by what SHE could see or feel. She then won MRS Arizona, and then MRS America , and then MRS WORLD. We can be our own worst enemy... don't limit yourself by what you feel....
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2012
    I'm not sure why you think 8 works...

I'd like to see some reason to like it. Right now, to me, it looks like a picture of the bride's maids with some of the heads cut off and a partial inclusion.

I'm thinking either all off or all in, but not some of both. Typically when this is the case...some of both...it looks like a mistake. Mostly, because there's no subject focus...you're left to wonder what the photographer was thinking, or better yet, what am I supposed to be looking for in this image. It's not a good image of the brides maids, and it's not focused on the flowers.

I showed it to my wife...and asked if she liked more than I did...and her immediate response was no, because it's not flattering to anyone in the image. She didn't even notice the flowers...because they are too dark...and if that's what you wanted to showcase, then they shouldn't be so dark.

Okay...enough of that...

About the rest of your images...

1. Nice...but as a portrait...not so good...your subject is left of center and looking out of the frame. As a general rule of thumb, for this type of image, your subject needs to be to the right of center, so that there is room for her to look in the direction that she is facing.

2. I like...nice...

3. The background is very intursive...way too busy. I'd throw the BG more out of focus.

4. I like...

5. Nice black and white conversion...as far as a cake shot...you need more cake in the image. But, it is a nice image...and I can see why you like...I do...

6. Very nice...my wife thinks so too...

7. Also nice.

8. Refer to previous comments.

All in all...pretty good. Just thought you'd like to hear the good and the bad...as I see it. I hope this gives you some food for thought...from another set of eyes.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed