Photo Booth from wedding (first one)

ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
edited July 23, 2012 in Weddings
Since this was done for a wedding, is this the proper place to post this? These aren't normal wedding shots, just the photobooth my sister asked me to run. Had a lot of fun doing this! Any thoughts, comments, whatever are welcome. Just happy it all went well and nothing broke, stopped working or anything like that.

This was my first time doing anything like this and I thought it went pretty well. I recently bought a Canon Pro9000 MarkII and used that to print on site with just a simple print layout I made in Lightroom. I took 3 shots of each group, and printed 2 sets on a 4x6 card. On the left of the card was a simple "Thank you for sharing this day ~ Nick & Kelsey" and 1 set of pictures for the group to take, and the other set was pasted into a scrapbook type album with notes written for the bride and groom. Then of course the full size versions I put up on my site for their taking.

Anyone know of a way to have Lightroom automatically full out a print template like that and print when shooting tethered? I had to get everyone through the line, then go and print them all when the buffet opened up. So next time I need a better system, or someone to run the computer while I shoot.

Equipment I used was my D7000 and my Sigma 17-50 2.8 to shoot with.
2x Flashpoint 320m lights and 1 SB700 to throw some light on the backdrop. With 2 softbox/umbrella things. Forgot the name of them, but they were in the 40" range and you shoot into it, then it reflects back out. I chose to use the black backdrop with the little banner you see in the background, vs just a white one. All the lighting and stand equipment (minus the sb700) was real cheap and worked great. Used cheap RF Cowboy Studio triggers and they didn't misfire once.

Full album can be seen here. Below are just a couple as to not spam with pictures that aren't works of art.

Hey look, it's the real photographers! (They knew ahead of time I'd be doing this)
Kelsey-Nick-edding-6-30-157-M.jpg

As you can see, the larger groups didn't fit in the width of my backdrop, but since it wasn't a museum, it didn't bother me any, nor did it bother any of them.
Kelsey-Nick-edding-6-30-170-M.jpg

Kelsey-Nick-edding-6-30-077-M.jpg

Next time I'll widen the backdrop since it had one more piece to widen it, adding roughly an extra 3 feet.
Kelsey-Nick-edding-6-30-047-M.jpg

Comments