Calm

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited March 22, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
Put some nice peaceful music on. Now open this on your large HD TV. Now get into a comfy chair, gaze into the image and let the worlds trouble flow away like the waning tide.
i-D35VWdS-L.jpg

Comments

• ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2015
    I like the toned down sky colors on the horizon. This complements the blurred wave action quite nicely. I'm thinking an old Montavoni session for me.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2015
    Done. Ok, now I can't get out of the chair!

Love the softness and color of this shot.
  • puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2015
    Well, we don't have a telly - large, small, HD or otherwise.
    So no 'comfortable' chair in front of one.
    Can't help but wonder about kids getting swept out to sea on an undercurrent / inadequate rubber ring,
    Or standing on a spike belonging to a local denizen
    or broken glass.
    Then there's the issue of 'foul water' outlets
    Noisy kids, just off frame right,
    Yobs with loud music kit arguing over what to listen to, just off frame left
    Yapping dogs leaving calling cards and their owners assuming someone else will retrieve same
    Gusting wind blowing sand everywhere ... and I mean 'everywhere' ...

etc etc

... then some darned snapper comes along with their kit and takes a quick shot without showing any of this ... and pretends all's well ... :)

pp
  • CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2015
    PP - you are just a little ray of sunshine, aren't you! rolleyes1.gif
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2015
    PP, you more than most need this.............................but yes this wasn't taken on some uncharted tropical Island, yet we can at times make our own little slice of peace and quite.

Sam

To set the record straight, as we left the beach I turned and captured what remained of the waning light as well as those wrapping up the day with a warm fire and roasted marshmallows.
    i-mT77388-L.jpg
    i-zqtqC6Q-L.jpg
  • puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2015
    Cavalier wrote: »
    PP - you are just a little ray of sunshine, aren't you! rolleyes1.gif

Indeed I am, Jo ... it's just a pity there's a few k miles between me and the OP (+ you), 'cos knowing he's got some fancy wide bodied printer, I'd be tempted to ask you to get him to print your post in, say ... 720 pt would do ... so's I could hang it on the wall somewhere to remind mrs pp (of her good fortune) when she has one of her 'uppity' turns :)

Sam, as a fan of more subtle (some will say dingy / dull / drab etc) colours, I quite like the fact that the pic hasn't been 'popped' ... as so much seems to be these days ... and often sticks out like a sore thumb.

Whilst I'm not really a 'landscape' type myself, I do occasionally stitch 2 or more pics together (when I consider appropriate) to form a 'waterscape with subject' ... as per one of my pics in MC 201.

pp
  • CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2015
    Yep. Pretty awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk