Options

Fishermen

ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
edited March 22, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
During a trip to Peru while visiting a fish market in Lima I happened to see these men working on the beach. They didn't seem to mind me getting in the way. As is the norm people in Peru are very friendly.
The weather in Lima is usually cloudy and gray but very dry so I converted the shots to B&W. The shot of fishing boats on the water was underexposed but I tried to make the best of it in PP. Not sure it worked. C&C's are invited.

DSCN5888-7-2-XL.jpg

#2.
DSCN5893-1-7-XL.jpg

#3.
DSCN5890-7-XL.jpg

#4.
DSCN5895%20copy_edited-1-4-XL.jpg

#5.
DSCN5889-5-7-XL.jpg
"Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

Comments

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,033 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2015
    I like the BW processing for these. The man sitting down appears to be so peaceful - watching the activity around him - love how you captured him. And the jumble of boats in #4 is outstanding.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2015
    Yeah, man in #1 does have that smile of contentment! I like last one! Processing is nice....and there is a sense of mission....and vastness of the sea....and also its turbulence come through.....I guess I am trying to say there is something ominous about it along with great processing and comp, so I really like that one. Cheers!
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2015
    Cavalier wrote: »
    I like the BW processing for these. The man sitting down appears to be so peaceful - watching the activity around him - love how you captured him. And the jumble of boats in #4 is outstanding.

Jo, thanks. Much appreciated.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    edited March 15, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Yeah, man in #1 does have that smile of contentment! I like last one! Processing is nice....and there is a sense of mission....and vastness of the sea....and also its turbulence come through.....I guess I am trying to say there is something ominous about it along with great processing and comp, so I really like that one. Cheers!

Taz, thanks for taking the time to comment. Really means a lot! I'm glad #4 pic was OK.

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,912 moderator
    edited March 16, 2015
    Nice set. I like them all. You did a nice job of processing on that last one--from the mist in the background, I'd guess that the light must have been rather flat, but bringing out the blacks really made a difference.
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2015
    Richard wrote: »
    Nice set. I like them all. You did a nice job of processing on that last one--from the mist in the background, I'd guess that the light must have been rather flat, but bringing out the blacks really made a difference.

Richard thanks so much! From someone whose postings I really admire this is high praise! Yes, the picture was not only underexposed but VERY flat. It took a bit in PP but I was afraid that it was a little overdone initially. Now it's growing on me. Thanks again.

• Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2015
    #5 best for me. Love the contrast and how they stand out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2015
    CCoop wrote: »
    #5 best for me. Love the contrast and how they stand out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow!, I am really surprised that this one seems to be working. I thought initially it would get an unfavorable reception. As I stated earlier, it is growing on me as well. I think I learned something here! Thanks Carter!