RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,913 moderator
edited March 23, 2015 in Other Cool Shots

Comments

• Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2015
    Great color and texture.

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2015
    Yeah, nice layers, colors, textures!
    Sort of abstract........
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2015
    Great background texture, which rich colors. Seems almost 3D.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2015
    Nice study in textures and colors. Unfortunately, for me, once I became aware of the chunk missing from the wall at the top left, my eyes keep drifting to that spot.

Stay safe, buddy,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited March 14, 2015
    Thanks everyone. Much appreciated
    ... once I became aware of the chunk missing from the wall at the top left, my eyes keep drifting to that spot.
    I'm not seeing what you're seeing, Tom. Do you mean the little light spot? headscratch.gif
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2015
    Yes, Richard, I think we're talking about the same thing....that little light spot. It was hardly worth mentioning but, once my eyes drifted to it, I couldn't help but keep coming back to it. Funny how the mind works sometimes.

For my money, you're the most consistent ( and effective ) " street " shooter we have on the forum.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2015
    Yes, Richard, I think we're talking about the same thing....that little light spot. It was hardly worth mentioning but, once my eyes drifted to it, I couldn't help but keep coming back to it. Funny how the mind works sometimes.
    Yes, little nits get to me sometimes as well, though this one didn't especially. In any event, ten seconds with the spot healing tool takes care of it:

i-m3v5zJ9-XL.jpg

Thanks for the kind words.
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2015
    Richard, really nice shot as previously stated in an earlier post.
    Is there a story with this picture or location?
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    edited March 16, 2015
    Richard, really nice shot as previously stated in an earlier post.
    Is there a story with this picture or location?
    Nothing special, AFAIK. It's on the Plaza de España in central Madrid. The yellow on the wall is some sort of sealant that is used commonly here on the adjacent building when an old one is torn down.
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2015
    Ok, Thanks. Really made a nice background!

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2015
    Hi Richard! I'm not too crazy about the picture itself, but love the color and texture. That is good enough for me.