Lady of the night

ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
edited March 22, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
DSC_0931-edit-1-8-7-XL.jpg
"Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2015
    I am not sure that is a lady.....
  • JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2015
    I think it's inflatable..."Come in radio, this is unit 91"...
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited March 20, 2015
    I like the shot, but I think the selective coloring detracts from it. Is this really about the price of gasoline? headscratch.gif I'd try to reprocess it to make the dummy stand out more in straight B&W.
  • ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    I am not sure that is a lady.....

She never spoke so I don't really know. :D
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

edited March 20, 2015
    I think it's inflatable..."Come in radio, this is unit 91"...

No one called the police on me. mwink.gif

edited March 20, 2015
    Richard wrote: »
    I like the shot, but I think the selective coloring detracts from it. Is this really about the price of gasoline? headscratch.gif I'd try to reprocess it to make the dummy stand out more in straight B&W.

Richard, I'm thinking that you're thinking of something more along these lines. I guess the theme initially was lady AND prices. rolleyes1.gif

DSC_0931-edit-1-7-2-XL.jpg

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited March 20, 2015
    edited March 20, 2015
    Richard wrote: »
    nod.gifthumb.gif

Richard, Thanks a bunch! I like it better also! I went out to take some night shots in town and she caught my eye!

• JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2015
    Looks good! It's a unique shot, for sure. I dig it.
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2015
    I like the "Lady and Prices" theme much more though......that is lost without the colored prices.
    If it was a real lady (apologies to Wayne), then perhaps, "more about the lady" shot would be better.
    edited March 20, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    I like the "Lady and Prices" theme much more though......that is lost without the colored prices.
    If it was a real lady (apologies to Wayne), then perhaps, "more about the lady" shot would be better.

Hey Taz, No apologies necessary! Here she is from another angle under the yellow glow of high pressure sodium lighting in living color! As always thanks for taking the time to take a look and comment!

DSC_0903-edit-1-7-L.jpg

• CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2015
    I like the stacked verticals of all the windows in the first shot. The way they lead-in to the gas station beyond. Nothing says cheap like a gas station on the corner. Perfect for this image. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    edited March 22, 2015
    CCoop wrote: »
    I like the stacked verticals of all the windows in the first shot. The way they lead-in to the gas station beyond. Nothing says cheap like a gas station on the corner. Perfect for this image. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carter, thank you so much. I thought also that the viewers eye was gradually directed towards the "prices" sign and thought ...Hey, why not! It goes with the theme. Thanks again!