Customizations / Hacks To Edit Mobile Galleries

NewahNewah Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited February 16, 2016 in SmugMug Customization
You guys are awesome, and I've gotten lots of great information form this forum.
I seem to not be able to find anything quite related to editing a mobile gallery.

On my iPhone, I see galleries like this... one picture at a time, massive in size,
and a poor design for scrolling through hundreds of photos.
YfUE6MZ.png

I want it to look more like this on mobile, but even by changing the gallery settings, it doesn't effect the mobile.
This is a site called pixieset, which is beautiful but expensive to host lots of photos,
and no video support, which is why I've refrained from using it in favor of smug mug.
Gqaih3n.png

As you can see, I'm attempting to mimic the design here... with limited success so far.
Is there a way to remove the icons under smug mug's pictures on mobile gallery?
and make the thumbnails smaller like the photo above of pixieset?
I sure hope so.

So much cleaner, and if the viewer wants a larger image they simply tap.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• sameoldsamsameoldsam Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited February 7, 2016
    I love that look too. Please post if you find a way.
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2016
    Hi,
    The original poster was using Journal style in their gallery. I can see that they've now switched to our Collage Landscape style, which should be what they were looking for.

@Kathy: You can change the gallery style in any gallery via the customize > gallery style menu within a gallery. Looking at your own wedding > homepage slideshow gallery, I can also see that you're using Collage Landscape style, which presents the photos in a nice collage regardless of the device used.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • NewahNewah Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited February 9, 2016
    Collage Landscape seems to be the only one close to what I want, but its still not perfect. I'd love more customization if anyone has ideas.
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2016
    Can you write back with details on what you'd like to change? Also include a link to the specific gallery you're looking at so that the customization helpers could take a closer look.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • NewahNewah Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited February 16, 2016
    Specifically, I would like to always have the collage show two rows of photos, with portrait pictures being larger since WIDTH of the photos will all be 50%, and height is what needs to be to keep aspect ratio. Like the picture above from the pixieset gallery.

doublevisionimg.smugmug.com

website is in work though