2015 California Fall

shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
edited October 5, 2015 in Landscapes
Hi guys,

I had gone to photograph the Fall colors in California this past weekend. Here are some photos from the trip (taken with the Nikon D800E, Nikon 70-200 VRII and Nikon 24-70). If you are in CA, I would definitely recommending heading to Bishop, Bridgeport areas. Thanks for looking.

NL5-L.jpg

NL1-L.jpg

NL6-L.jpg

NL4-L.jpg

Cheers,

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited October 4, 2015
    Good to see you, Nikhil. Thanks for the lovely pictures and report. Number 2 is my favorite here, just stunning. I'm planning on being out that way in a few weeks, but looks like I may be late from the amount of color I see in your shots.
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2015
    kdog wrote: »
    Good to see you, Nikhil. Thanks for the lovely pictures and report. Number 2 is my favorite here, just stunning. I'm planning on being out that way in a few weeks, but looks like I may be late from the amount of color I see in your shots.

Hey Joel - Long time. :D

Here is another of North Lake.

NL7-L.jpg

You MUST go this year. The colors are insane. North Lake has peaked already, but South Lake road, Mist Falls are starting to Peak. Also June Lake, Lundy Lake, Conway Summit are approaching peaking. If you can go in the next week or two, you will be very happy. You might be aware of www.californiafallcolor.com - they post daily updates with photos. They also have a very cool map that shows what locations are peaking or approaching peak. thumb.gif

Do let me know if you plan to go soon and post some pics please.

Cheers,
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited October 4, 2015
    Another great shot! Thanks for the info, Nikhil. I didn't know about that site and it's a great resource for sure. Sounds like I need to get out there sooner than I thought. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.
  • bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2015