Options

Glory Days Gone

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited October 6, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
Shot along the coastal marsh on Jekyll Island, Georgia. Over the years, salt water intrusion into the ground water levels will kill trees that once stood proud.

St.%20Simons%20070-X2.jpg

Relentless erosion action on the shoreline by the Atlantic Ocean leaves many silent guardians in this sort of condition. There are literally hundreds of these fallen heroes stretched along the Georgia barrier islands.

St.%20Simons%20053-X2.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2015
    Like the first, love clap.gifthe second! Nicely done. Like a headstone for some bygone storm.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2015
    First one for me too Tom! Like the layers and artsiness!
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,417 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2015
    Very nice, Tom! I really like the B&W...they remind me of the trees at Botany Bay Preserve on Edisto Island.
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited October 4, 2015
    The second is a work of art! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2015
    Like the first, love clap.gifthe second! Nicely done. Like a headstone for some bygone storm.

Thanks for looking in, Wayne. I appreciate the support.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    First one for me too Tom! Like the layers and artsiness!

Thanks, Taz. The layers of color are what caught my eyes....especially the bright green grasses running through the center of the image. I then started hunting for some sort of suitable foreground to anchor everything. I settled on the dead trees.

Take care my friend,

Tom
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2015
    moose135 wrote: »
    Very nice, Tom! I really like the B&W...they remind me of the trees at Botany Bay Preserve on Edisto Island.

Thanks much, John. I was up on Edisto Island not long ago. You're right...lots of shoreline scenes like this one were there. I hope all this rain and wind in the Carolinas won't raise hell with the leaf changes in the high country.

See you, buddy,

Tom
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2015
    kdog wrote: »

Hey Joel. Those magnificent shots you posted of the dead trees in Africa were my inspiration to try and find something that stood out among the jumble of trees along this stretch of coast.

Take care,

Tom
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2015
    kdog wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gif nicely done.
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2015
    I like how the trees gesture in no 1.

Very creative.
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited October 6, 2015
    Hey Joel. Those magnificent shots you posted of the dead trees in Africa were my inspiration to try and find something that stood out among the jumble of trees along this stretch of coast.

Take care,

Tom
    I'm honored, Tom. I admit I do have a passion for dead trees. Which reminds me. Somewhere we have a thread dedicated to dead trees in Landscapes. I should probably give it a bump some time. mwink.gif