Multiple price-list/s

sunnymsunnym Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited May 29, 2015 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hello:

I have tried looking for this, but maybe I am not doing something right. What I am looking for this is:

Is there a way to have either a) multiple prices for a similar product (say an 8" x 10" print) or b) more than one active price-list at the same time. Because one may be general picture while the other may be special or limited edition?

It is okay with me if the option do the above is wither picture specific or gallery specific. Then I can re-arrange my pictures accordingly.

Thanks
Sunny

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited March 4, 2013
    sunnym wrote: »
    Is there a way to have either a) multiple prices for a similar product (say an 8" x 10" print) or b) more than one active price-list at the same time. Because one may be general picture while the other may be special or limited edition?
    To have multiple pricelists you must have a business level account.

A gallery has a single pricelist assigned to it, but you can also assign a pricelist to a photo. See http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93345-how-do-i-price-photos-in-order-to-sell-them-.

--- Denise
  • gschlactgschlact Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited May 29, 2015
    I would like to expand the question.
    Is there a way for a given galley to have multiple price lists depending on whether they are a registered viewer entered by me?

If I create smart gallery, is there anyway to overnight source gallery protection or pricing? If not, I might be stuck fully duplicating galleries. Is there an easy way to do this?
    edited May 29, 2015
    gschlact wrote: »
    I would like to expand the question.
    Is there a way for a given galley to have multiple price lists depending on whether they are a registered viewer entered by me?

If I create smart gallery, is there anyway to overnight source gallery protection or pricing? If not, I might be stuck fully duplicating galleries. Is there an easy way to do this?
    A smart gallery gets the prices from the original gallery.

I'm not aware of a way to have multiple price lists by viewer. A gallery is assigned a single pricelist. The prices for individual photos can be overridden by assigning a different pricelist to the photo.

--- Denise
  • gschlactgschlact Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited May 29, 2015
    A smart gallery gets the prices from the original gallery.

I'm not aware of a way to have multiple price lists by viewer. A gallery is assigned a single pricelist. The prices for individual photos can be overridden by assigning a different pricelist to the photo.

--- Denise

is there an easy way to replicate a whole gallery into a new replicate gallery?
    edited May 29, 2015
    gschlact wrote: »
    is there an easy way to replicate a whole gallery into a new replicate gallery?
    Not inside of smugmug. If you want to copy within smug you would need to copy the individual photos and then move the duplicates into a new gallery.

I think it would be easier to request a download of the gallery then use that as a source to upload into a new gallery.

--- Denise