At Last

HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
edited April 27, 2012 in Cameras
The D4 that I ordered in January arrives tomorrow. Now I just have to wait on the D800E that I ordered. :lurk
Harry
http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"

Comments

• HelvegrHelvegr Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    Harryb wrote: »
    The D4 that I ordered in January arrives tomorrow. Now I just have to wait on the D800E that I ordered. :lurk
    congrats. I am starting to lose my mind waiting for mine. Adorama just got the D700 back in stock, but still no D4? Although I probably shouldn't be, I'm surprised by the lack of date estimates. Their site still says shipping late March 2012. I can only assume they've not gotten any updates from Nikon.
    Camera: Nikon D4
    Lenses: Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 | Nikon 50mm f/1.4
    Lighting: SB-910 | SU-800
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    Helvegr wrote: »
    congrats. I am starting to lose my mind waiting for mine. Adorama just got the D700 back in stock, but still no D4? Although I probably shouldn't be, I'm surprised by the lack of date estimates. Their site still says shipping late March 2012. I can only assume they've not gotten any updates from Nikon.

Its a lot like BBQ. The food gets done when its done. Every piece of meat cooks differently. I prepaid for the 800E. The shop owner considered it a"special order" and wanted it to be paid for before he ordered it.

With new releases I try to avoid B&H and Adorama because they receive so many orders. I went with Calumet for the D4 and my local camera store for the 800E.

We all will have our new toys soon and then we wil lgo back into wait mode until the D5 and D900 are released 3-4 years from now and then we will do it all over again.
    Harry
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    Well the D4 has arrived. I'm currently charging the batteries so there ain't much to say. It came with a 16GB XQD card and an XQD card reader. Its a nice touch but I would have preferred a USB 3 reader.

The D4 is noticeably lighter than the D3s clap.gif The D3s despite being heavier still feels better and more comfortable in my hands. They button arrangement is a tad different from the D3s but appears to be intuitive and I should adjust to it quickly.

I'll take it tomorrow morning and give it a spin at the wetlands and take some comparative shots against the D3s.
    Harry
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,763 moderator
    edited April 27, 2012
    Congratulations, Harry. thumb.gifthumbwings.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums