Hotrod Power Tour 2011

edited June 18, 2011 in Journeys
It's taken me a few days to go through all the pictures I had. I still have some more to go through but I have over 500 up right now. The Hotrod Power Tour is a week long event where you drive to a new venue every day. This year's tour began in Cocoa Beach, Florida and stretched all the way to Detroit, hitting some amazing cities in between. The cars were as amazing as the cities but the most impressive part of the tour was the people. People from all over the world came to partake. I met a group from as far away as Australia! Even though everyone was different, everyone had the same passion for cars and you did not have to go far to get help. If someone broke down, a bunch of others would stop by and help. It was truly an awesome trip.

On our way down to Cocoa Beach we stopped at Daytona to see the track and drive on the legendary beach.
MG2424-Edit-M.jpg

MG2332-Edit-M.jpg

The First day of the tour took a group of willing participants through the Kennedy Space Center.
MG2899-M.jpg

MG2929-Edit-M.jpg

The next two stops were in Cecil, Georgia and Montgomery, Alabama.
MG3216-M.jpg

We stopped at the Tuskegee Air Museum.
MG3311-Edit-M.jpg

MG3356-M.jpg

The Tour stopped at LP stadium in Nashville, Tennessee.
MG3639-Edit-M.jpg

MG3700-Edit-M.jpg

MG3723-Edit-M.jpg

We stopped in Bowling Green, Kentucky at the Corvette Museum!
MG3826-Edit-M.jpg

MG3837-Edit-M.jpg

MG3863-Edit-M.jpg

The tour stopped at Indianapolis Speedway where we got to take the cars out on the track... at 5mph
MG4087-Edit-M.jpg

We drove through some crazy weather heading to Muskegon, Mi.
MG4244-M.jpg

MG4314-M.jpg

However once we got there everything was amazing. Even our "cheap" hotel.
MG4582-Edit-M.jpg

MG4542-Edit-M.jpg

Rain didn't let up much as we headed to Detroit. It even costed some their ride.
IMG4307-M.jpg

IMG4324-M.jpg

We ate dinner at a nice old fashion diner on the famous Woodward Ave.
MG4856-Edit-M.jpg

MG4853-Edit-M.jpg

The last stop for us long haulers or people who traveled to each location on the tour was the GM Proving Grounds. A place that very few get to see let alone drive on! The pictures of this stop are still in the editing process so when I finish them I'll post them here. Please check out the rest of my pictures. You'll enjoy all the old classics and new age muscle cars. Thanks for your time and as always don't be shy to give me tips and criticism.