A general FS question...

M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
edited March 31, 2015 in Flea Market
I have a large number of older film bodies and lenses which were mine and my uncles, so they are all "one owner". I'm in the process of cataloging it all, cleaning, function testing and will run a roll of film through each body so I can show the seller how the body performed in a variety of circumstances.

My question is, am I better off selling the bodies separately from the glass, or selling them as complete units (body and glass)? Like most sellers, I'd like to maximize my return as I've put new batteries in the bodies/motor-drives, purchased and developed film for each body etc.

All Nikon gear and glass from the late 70's to mid 80's.

Comments

• dixondukedixonduke Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2015
    I am in the camp of sell the bodies separate from the lenses. I would pair the motor-drive with the body though and sell that as a unit. The bodies may be hard to move anymore, but I am very confident that the lenses will sell.
    Duke
  • dixondukedixonduke Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2015
    Beer Me
    Duke
  • photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2015
    M38A1, thanks for posting this. My father-in-law gave me some vintage Nikon bodies and glass to sell for him, so this will help me also!
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

• M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2015
    Duke, next time we meet it's on me!