Options

A softball pitch

jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
edited August 23, 2015 in Sports
Retired from my job as official Little League photographer for my town after doing it 5 out of the past 6 years. It was a good run but I'm done. For now. I still love getting a good "sportrait" from time to time. I just think the poses are beautiful. 7D2 and 10fps makes it almost too easy.

7D2_6936-X3.jpg
-Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.

Comments

• Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2015
    Outstanding!!!clap.gif
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,033 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2015
    Not sure I'd want to be on the receiving end of that pitch! But great action shot, Jack.
  • Options
    edited July 3, 2015
    Thanks! I was coaching, so I had to just sneak a few shots from the dugout.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    DougMartinVisualsDougMartinVisuals Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited July 10, 2015
    Wow... that's a pretty intense image.
    www.dougmartinvisuals.com

"Some times you eat the bear... and some times the bear eats you."
  • Options
    jmp2204jmp2204 Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2015
    jerryr wrote: »
    Nice image !

nice

couple quick ones from the other night
    http://20338561432_472778589e_b.jpgkalli by KMclaughlin (6K Images), on Flickr
    http://20320791246_e433abc4f3_b.jpgkalli1 by KMclaughlin (6K Images), on Flickr
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2015
    Sorry but I find those incredibly unflattering to the player. I would have deleted them.
    -Jack

• Options
    bobcoolbobcool Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2015
    Agree, Jack - I would have deleted them as well.

Your shot, however, is awesome. Love the low, warm light coming from camera left. Makes it easy to crank up the shutter speed, right? Great colors too...
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2015
    Thanks Bob. I believe when photographing youth sports our #1 job is to boost the self esteem of the kids.
    -Jack

• Options
    bobcoolbobcool Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2015
    Wholeheartedly agree. I've lost count of how many great action shots I've deleted because of a wardrobe malfunction (shirt flies up revealing belly button/stomach/underwear waistband; volleyball shorts ride up and are too short) or a crazy facial expression from extreme effort. It depends on the player when I see funny facial expressions, however - some girls don't mind it, but others would be embarrassed. The female teenage psyche is a curious and fragile thing, indeed.

We are there to make them look better, even if it means deleting an otherwise outstanding action shot.