Birds at the water hole

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited March 15, 2005 in Wildlife
This town was drier last night, than the night before.........if you are a bird. Finally found this water hole. I do have on my 300L with the 1.4 extension. These are full frame. I don't even know what kind of birds, they were too far away.

Below there are three flying birds that I see.......
17538113-L.jpg

17538120-L.jpg

17538134-L.jpg

17538143-L.jpg

It was cloudy, I forgot and left the setting on sun. The WB on RAW for cloudy looks like this. I used it for awhile and didn't like it. What does anyone else think.

17540379-L.jpg

Most of the gang here:

17540385-L.jpg

I like the one below:

17540396-L.jpg

Six birds below:

17540415-L.jpg

Note the fish that the duck below has:

17540432-L.jpg

Flying bird, duck with fish?, et al. I know this is too many, but I didn't know what to leave out. Suggestions? The darn low country was bone dry. I found these, and I took them. MY BIRDS, the missing ones, I found out what happened. The man who usually feeds them is in the hospital, so the fickle birds left. The man will be back in a couple of weeks, along with my birds.

ginger (It was VERY cold and EXTREMELY windy) Getting dark. I put it on 1600 ISO and f8, as otherwise it was shooting flying birds at 1/200 or lower. The EC was almost a -2. Darn white birds. I checked. They are not -255, but some get close.
It was not a good day to be out in any case. Birds have to eat. I guess I am just an idiot, couldn't shoot that from the car, either.
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    This town was drier last night, than the night before.........if you are a bird. Finally found this water hole. I do have on my 300L with the 1.4 extension. These are full frame. I don't even know what kind of birds, they were too far away.

Hey Ginger,

You got some good shots under difficult conditions. Looks like you caught some snowy egrets and tricolored herons. thumb.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2005
    Oh, Harry, thanks for stopping by. I was cropping them to make them more interesting.

It was actually working. I was going to put them thru Noise Ninja. I just got so tired, I took a nap.

I am praying for the bird man in the hospital like I have never prayed before. Except, I got some what? Tri colored herons?

Are they all the herons, or just a couple?

Thanks again for stopping by.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.