Bikes and Babes (NSFW)

kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
edited October 10, 2015 in People
I had a real blast shooting a motorcycle club's calendar that was used for a fund-raising effort. I had at my disposal a MUA, stylist, bikes and babes. How can you go wrong? :wink

I did two shoots on different days, one hi-key, and one low-key. Our own Sam Linville assisted on the low-key shoot. Here are some sample images.

i-d5MXzXC-X2.jpg

i-H66Qz5v-X2.jpg

i-rzDsnvV-X2.jpg

i-5K8RZ6Z-X2.jpg

i-9j7Ls9n-X2.jpg

i-BcVt5Lk-X2.jpg

i-HqmwJQs-X2.jpg

Comments

• HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2015
    Very nice, clean images. Love the lighting and variety of posing and the color jumps and smacks you right in the face. Great job. I'm at that age where I really do look at the bikes. Laughing.gif.
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited October 9, 2015
    kdog wrote: »
    I had at my disposal a MUA, stylist, bikes and babes. How can you go wrong? mwink.gif
    ... Here are some sample images.

You can't go wrong. And you didn't. Well done!

EDIT: One nit: The roll-up portable stand in #6. Detracts.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2015
    I remember some pull-back shots awhile back from this shoot from you. The results are excellent. Great lighting. The models/ bikes are complimentary and nicely accentuated! Very good work, Joel. You should be very proud of this.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited October 9, 2015
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Very nice, clean images. Love the lighting and variety of posing and the color jumps and smacks you right in the face. Great job. I'm at that age where I really do look at the bikes. Laughing.gif.
    Thanks, Charles. Nothing wrong with that. They have some really nice bikes! nod.gif

i-GpFfdqH-X2.jpg

i-H7PsbLn-X2.jpg
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2015
    A quick note to everyone here. The amount of time and effort that goes into a successful shoot like this is a LOT more than one might expect when all you have are the resulting pretty pictures.

I learned a lot about setting up lighting and working with multiple models, MUA, and others all while trying to pose the next shot. It ain't as easy as Joel makes it look.

Preparation and planning is everything.

Of course I will take total credit for #7. If I hadn't been holding the fan at just the right angle to blow her hair the shot would have been a disaster. rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

Sam
  • FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2015
    fantastic work!
    what was the set up for the black BG?
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
    edited October 9, 2015
    David_S85 wrote: »
    You can't go wrong. And you didn't. Well done!

EDIT: One nit: The roll-up portable stand in #6. Detracts.
    Thanks, boss. Yeah, it was a different look we tried for the sport bike to keep it more upright rather than leaning on the sidestand. The club liked it as something different, but it didn't make the calendar. However, the model chose it for her portfolio.
    I remember some pull-back shots awhile back from this shoot from you. The results are excellent. Great lighting. The models/ bikes are complimentary and nicely accentuated! Very good work, Joel. You should be very proud of this.
    Thanks, Wayne! Having a stylist and MUA really adds to the professionalism of the shoot. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy with how these came out. :D
    edited October 9, 2015
    Sam wrote: »
    Of course I will take total credit for #7. If I hadn't been holding the fan at just the right angle to blow her hair the shot would have been a disaster. rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
    You laugh, but it's true! ! Ok, not a disaster, but the blowing hair really made this shot. nod.gifdeal.gif
    Thanks for being a good sport and hanging out until the wee hours with me and this crazy crew.
    Foques wrote: »
    fantastic work!
    what was the set up for the black BG?
    Thanks, Arseny. 48" octabox camera right as key light. 30x60 softbox for fill, camera left. Couple of monolights for kickers, from behind and outside of the bikes with bare reflectors.
    edited October 9, 2015
    Guess what month. naughty.gif

i-LZSfPhb-X2.jpg
  • D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2015
    Great series , and real good work.... I like the dark backdrops most....as it creates more of that hardness of bikers....
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2015
    Joel, the December shot is excellent! clap.gif
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2015
    Hackbone wrote: »
    I'm at that age where I really do look at the bikes. Laughing.gif.
    Wait, there were motorcycles in these? rolleyes1.gif

Excellent work, Joel, these are outstanding.