Options

Genesis 34

AlexSharkAlexShark Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
edited August 26, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
My second slideshow. Comments, ideas? This is quite a new ballgame for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wqtcqfeqzs
Photography is about what does not meet the eye
Be my guest: Alex Braverman Photography

Comments

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,033 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2015
    The photos are excellent - showing such strength and grace. You've captured their actions and expressions beautifully. The transition from BW to color at 1:17 with the subsequent zoom is superb. clap.gif
    Here are a few comments:

1) I understand the reason for using the font that you did.....but, other than the word Genesis, some of the smaller words are a little hard to read.
    2) Around 2:57 you hold the same shot for about 20 seconds - a little long.
    3) A few of the transitions are a little abrupt, but most are very well done.
    4) I like the zoom and moving techniques, but some are just a little too long holding the same image.
    5) Overall, beautiful shots and nice effects. However, 8-1/2 minutes might be a little long to hold the viewer's attention. It moves rather slowly.
    6) and one question - is the music you used for the slideshow the same as they danced to? It seems to be a little slow for their dance actions, but this could be my ignorance of the modern dance genre. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2015
    15524779-Ti.gif

Very strong images and for the most part very smooth. A few of the transitions take a little long for my taste, but not overly distracting. They certainly do not take away from the feeling that you present.

If I were the client I would be quite happy with this presentation.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2015
    Cavalier wrote: »
    The photos are excellent - showing such strength and grace. You've captured their actions and expressions beautifully. The transition from BW to color at 1:17 with the subsequent zoom is superb. clap.gif
    Here are a few comments:

1) I understand the reason for using the font that you did.....but, other than the word Genesis, some of the smaller words are a little hard to read.
    2) Around 2:57 you hold the same shot for about 20 seconds - a little long.
    3) A few of the transitions are a little abrupt, but most are very well done.
    4) I like the zoom and moving techniques, but some are just a little too long holding the same image.
    5) Overall, beautiful shots and nice effects. However, 8-1/2 minutes might be a little long to hold the viewer's attention. It moves rather slowly.
    6) and one question - is the music you used for the slideshow the same as they danced to? It seems to be a little slow for their dance actions, but this could be my ignorance of the modern dance genre. ne_nau.gif

Thank you, Jo.
    The length, the neurotic jumps, and the pace -- all points are well taken. I'll ponder.

The sequence was shot without any music, we all just followed the general concept. These are individual studio shots, and not a part of a performance.

The Hebrew liturgy is an afterthought, and I still have some reservations about the choice and the performance.

Thank you again.
    Alex
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2015
    15524779-Ti.gif

Very strong images and for the most part very smooth. A few of the transitions take a little long for my taste, but not overly distracting. They certainly do not take away from the feeling that you present.

If I were the client I would be quite happy with this presentation.

Thank you Steve. Unfortunately, I do not have clients bowdown.gif
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2015
    Alex, watched the clip. Some really nice shots here. Lots of emotion. I was very impressed.
    Regards!
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    edited August 25, 2015
    Alex, watched the clip. Some really nice shots here. Lots of emotion. I was very impressed.
    Regards!

Thank you!
  • Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2015
    Love these as stills .... maybe more than the slideshow. Simply beautiful. And majestic!! --Carter
  • Options
    edited August 26, 2015
    CCoop wrote: »
    Love these as stills .... maybe more than the slideshow. Simply beautiful. And majestic!! --Carter

Thank you, Carter.

The stills are here:
    http://www.bravermans.com/Photography/Bodies-in-Motion/Genesis-34/