Sharing wedding album on facebook

alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
edited October 23, 2016 in Weddings
Hi all,
I am looking for a nice way to share a wedding album on facebook. To be honest I am a bit jealous of videographers that they can share their lovely short videos on facebook where it is easy for everyone to see those and enjoy them.

I am looking a way to do something like that with my wedding albums, since I think that my album design and storytelling is something worth showcasing.

What would be your ideas on this?

Thanks for your time
Alex

Comments

• The LeaderThe Leader Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited October 3, 2016
    Doesn't facebook let you make a short video of photos?
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2016
    Try making a Video Slide Show. There are quite a few options to do this. If you edit your photos in Lightroom, there is an option to make a slide show in there. I personally used to use ProShow Gold and recently upgraded to ProShow Producer to make all my Slideshows. If the above is not an option for you, then just about any video editing software should be able to make a simple slideshow, including the ones that come with the operating system in your computer.
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2016
    the problem with the slideshow is that you do not give the reader the direct control of the flow. The ideal would be to have an integrated pdf viewer on facebook or something like that
    Alex
  • james18james18 Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited October 22, 2016
    One solution may be making a video using external software with your photos and then upload that to Facebook. And other solution may be creating the video slide show there in Facebook itself, but problem is they dont allow so many photos there may be.

PathEdits.com - Product Photo Editing

• Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2016
    alaios wrote: »
    the problem with the slideshow is that you do not give the reader the direct control of the flow. The ideal would be to have an integrated pdf viewer on facebook or something like that
    Alex

Alex...With a video slide show the viewer always has the option to pause the video just like any other video. Also, an option with a slideshow that is NOT available with the PDF format, is the ability to include video clips within the slideshow. Think about how the bride & groom will react if they see a short video of their family and close friends being ushered to their seats followed by a few slides of them turned around looking back the aisle looking for the bride, or shots of the groom seeing the bride for the first time followed by a short video clip of her walking down the aisle. You could switch back and forth with video clips of key moments of the ceremony and photos with appropriate background music, and produce something that they will cherish the rest of their life. Something you can't do with a PDF document.

Also with the PDF format, your customer could forgo having an album made and grab your PDF and send it off to a book printer like BLURB and print their own wedding album, which most wedding photographers will tell you that that is one of the biggest money makers.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams