Bus

PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
edited May 29, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Another today for my bus series, this time Greyhound into Toronto. I've cropped it a bit and wonder if it needs more of the bus interior in it. Thoughts?

882221588_n7xso-L.jpg
The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography

Comments

• BrewsterBrewster Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2010
    Nice catch Patti. She is certainly lost in thought. I like the crop as is, the first thing that catches my eye is the reflection of the face in the window. Would like to see just a little more definition on the reflection, but thats just me.
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2010
    Thanks Brewster. I too wish the reflection was in better focus. I didn't dare take another go after I took a shot with my film camera.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer

patti hinton photography
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,908 moderator
    edited May 29, 2010
    I didn't notice the reflection on first glance, but I did think that it would be nice to see a little more face. Maybe you could just increase the contrast of the reflection and solve it all at once. A simple overlay mode blend of the reflection should do the trick. I don't think more bus interior would add anything--the framing is just fine.
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2010
    I agree that the crop is fine. More bus interior might well detract and I'm not so sure that a more obvious reflection would add anything. It is nice that the initial perception of the viewer is of the woman herself and then the gradual realization of the reflection.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    I didn't notice the reflection on first glance, but I did think that it would be nice to see a little more face. Maybe you could just increase the contrast of the reflection and solve it all at once. A simple overlay mode blend of the reflection should do the trick. I don't think more bus interior would add anything--the framing is just fine.

Thanks Richard. I'll give that a try when I get back to my iMac at home (no CS4 on my laptop yet). I'll be interested to see if it shows up more in my film shot. I think there's more of her face showing in that capture.
    Jack'll do wrote: »
    I agree that the crop is fine. More bus interior might well detract and I'm not so sure that a more obvious reflection would add anything. It is nice that the initial perception of the viewer is of the woman herself and then the gradual realization of the reflection.

Thanks for the feedback Jack.

patti hinton photography