Call me Crazy ...

FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
edited May 31, 2010 in Street and Documentary
... but I was inspired to take this picture today because I was influenced by the work of another photographer.

Guess who. :rofl

883658242_T4Dj5-L.jpg

Not that it has any bearing whatsoever on this photogrraph, but it was taken from the Cartier Bresson Institute in Paris where we saw a wonderful exhibit of photographs by Irving Penn - a personal series of in-studio, black and white portraits taken in 1950 and 1951 of everyday working people from New York, London and Paris whose way of life would soon disappear or undergo dramatic change. The quality of the prints (most made in 1951 with a few in 1957) was exquisite. The collection belongs to the Getty Museum.

Virginia

Email

Comments

• bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2010
    flyinggina wrote: »
    ... But i was inspired to take this picture today because i was influenced by the work of another photographer.

Guess who. rolleyes1.gif

not that it has any bearing whatsoever on this photogrraph, but it was taken from the cartier bresson institute in paris where we saw a wonderful exhibit of photographs by irving penn - a personal series of in-studio, black and white portraits taken in 1950 and 1951 of everyday working people from new york, london and paris whose way of life would soon disappear or undergo dramatic change. The quality of the prints (most made in 1951 with a few in 1957) was exquisite. The collection belongs to the getty museum.

Virginia

lol! :d
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    OK, I'm callin you Crazy, In the nicest of ways :D
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    Ummm, Benjamin. I'm thinking it takes one to know one.

BD, glad you got it. Makes me laugh too.

Virginia

PS - took some photos of cigaret butts in a grate tonight. Guess I am going crazy!

Email