Change colour of text on Folders/Galleries

aolaaola Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
edited May 22, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
Hi All,

I would like to aaaachange the colour of the text displayed on galleries and folders.

Case 1: All galleries
Case 2: All folders
Case 3: A specific gallery
Case 4: A specific folder

I've attached a screenshot of what I mean. The screenshot shows folders. The reason for this is to make the text easier to see.

Thanks in advance

Jerome
-Jerome

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited May 22, 2015
    I don't think changing the color will help. The problem is that the text is sitting on a photo.

Have you considered making the background (behind the text) less transparent?

Try this CSS as a starting point:
    /* change tile hover background to a less transparent white */
    .sm-user-ui .sm-tile-content > div.sm-tile-info {
    	background-color: rgba(248, 248, 255, 0.75);
    }

The 0.75 entry is the alpha entry where 0.0 is fully transparent and 1.0 is fully opaque.

You can see an example on my site, at http://www.denisegoldberg.com/Wandering-near-home. I think the .75 alpha value makes the text more readable.

See the RGBA section of this page - http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_colors_legal.asp.

--- Denise
  • aolaaola Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited May 22, 2015
    I don't think changing the color will help. The problem is that the text is sitting on a photo.

Have you considered making the background (behind the text) less transparent?

Try this CSS as a starting point:
    /* change tile hover background to a less transparent white */
    .sm-user-ui .sm-tile-content > div.sm-tile-info {
    	background-color: rgba(248, 248, 255, 0.75);
    }

The 0.75 entry is the alpha entry where 0.0 is fully transparent and 1.0 is fully opaque.

You can see an example on my site, at http://www.denisegoldberg.com/Wandering-near-home. I think the .75 alpha value makes the text more readable.

See the RGBA section of this page - http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_colors_legal.asp.

--- Denise

Thanks Denise, checked out how it looks on your site, I think you're correct about making the background less transparent.

Another question, in your galleries, any text in the caption about the photo only shows up on hover. How is that done. Seems in the gallery settings, I can the info style to bottom bar, off, under. If I set it off then the info hover option becomes unavailable. Can you tell me how you achieved that effect?

Thanks.

Jerome
    -Jerome
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited May 22, 2015
    aola wrote: »
    Thanks Denise, checked out how it looks on your site, I think you're correct about making the background less transparent.

Another question, in your galleries, any text in the caption about the photo only shows up on hover. How is that done. Seems in the gallery settings, I can the info style to bottom bar, off, under. If I set it off then the info hover option becomes unavailable. Can you tell me how you achieved that effect?
    I just checked my collage landscape settings - Info Style is set to Bottom Bar, and Info Hover is set to Show.

But - there is a bug with this style in Chrome only (it's OK in Firefox and IE) where the caption is always shown. If you run into that problem - I reported it in this thread, and leftquark provided CSS to fix it in this post.

--- Denise
  • aolaaola Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited May 22, 2015
    I just checked my collage landscape settings - Info Style is set to Bottom Bar, and Info Hover is set to Show.

But - there is a bug with this style in Chrome only (it's OK in Firefox and IE) where the caption is always shown. If you run into that problem - I reported it in this thread, and leftquark provided CSS to fix it in this post.

--- Denise

Ha. There you have it, I'm a chrome user and hadn't tested with others yet. Thanks again.

Jerome
    -Jerome