API 2.0: Photos Stuck in Processing

ckelleyckelley Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
Our new ASP.NET/C#/API 2.0-based interface to SmugMug has gone live and is working for the most part. But, a few images are getting stuck in PROCESSING status as represented by mostly black image placeholders. You can see a couple of them at http://photos.idtech.com/Mini/SBCSUTTER/2015/April13April172015.

Are there any SmugMug error logs that could shed some light on why they failed? If so, how can we get access to the log. It would be AWEsome if all you had to do was click on the broken image and see its log.

Comments

• gabbiegabbie Registered Users Posts: 66 Many Grins
    edited April 17, 2015
    Depending on the traffic we're getting, some images take a little longer to process. Are you still seeing problems with some of your images? When I looked at that gallery you linked to all of the images appeared for me.
    gabbie
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • ckelleyckelley Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited April 20, 2015
    gabbie wrote: »
    Depending on the traffic we're getting, some images take a little longer to process. Are you still seeing problems with some of your images? When I looked at that gallery you linked to all of the images appeared for me.

There are still two images that are represented by black "Processing" placeholders at http://photos.idtech.com/Mini/SBCSUTTER/2015/April13April172015/. It has been a couple of days since they were first uploaded. How would you suggest we diagnose what went wrong?
    edited April 21, 2015
    This is most likely a SmugMug issue and not a problem with your interface. I can look into it on our end, but it looks like the most recent link you sent isn't working (I see Page Not Found). If you send me direct links to the images you're having problems with I can check things out.
    gabbie
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • ckelleyckelley Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited April 29, 2015
    gabbie wrote: »
    This is most likely a SmugMug issue and not a problem with your interface. I can look into it on our end, but it looks like the most recent link you sent isn't working (I see Page Not Found). If you send me direct links to the images you're having problems with I can check things out.

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner, gabbie. We really appreciate the advice you have given us.

I fixed the link to the album in my previous post. After reviewing it, I could no longer find any black "PROCESSING" image placeholders. At this point, I don't know whether someone deleted the placeholders on our end or SmugMug finally finished processing them. We'll start seeing a lot more SmugMug uploads at the end of May when our summer camps begin nationwide.
  • sjayapathisjayapathi Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 10, 2015
    We're also seeing an occasional image with the Processing placeholders. Here's an example. Could some one please shed some light on how we might recover the image?
    edited May 11, 2015
    sjayapathi wrote: »
    We're also seeing an occasional image with the Processing placeholders. Here's an example. Could some one please shed some light on how we might recover the image?

It can take a little while after uploading an image for it to finish processing, and you'll see that Processing placeholder. Sometimes our processing queue can fall behind or certain images can get stuck. Those problems don't have anything to do with the API, it's usually a problem on SmugMug's backend. If you're seeing images that are still stuck (like the example you linked to) I would email our support heroes via help@smugmug.com . If you send them the image link(s) they can take a look at what's going on with our queue and if necessary help get things sorted out for you.
    gabbie
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • barsanuphebarsanuphe Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 17, 2015
    For the record, I had the same problem and contacted support.
    They were as efficient and quick to answer as ever, and it turned out the problematic pictures were not in sRGB colorspace. Converting them solved the problem.