Some text has changed size with no input from me!

tjskytjsky Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited July 20, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
All of a sudden some of the text on my site is really big, and I didn't even change anything. It's that way in the Title of the photo content block on my home page, and my folder/gallery headings are all big now too. I did not make any changes to my website today other than to upload a new photo this morning.... anyone know how this could have changed, or how I could change it back?

I've attached a screen shot of what I'm talking about... the word Galleries in this screen shot is about twice as big as it used to be. When I logged on to my site and saw how big it was I said "What the????"

It wasn't like that this morning :scratch

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited June 29, 2015
    I just noticed that on my site too. I only saw it on one page on my site but I can see it in multiple places on yours.

I believe it's this CSS that is causing the large text size in the header:
    .sm-page-widget .sm-page-widget-header > h1 {
        font-size: 44px;
        margin-bottom: 12px;
    }

If you add this snippet of CSS to your theme or to a CSS block on entire site and change the font-size from 44px; to something more reasonable it should allow you to control the size.

--- Denise
  • tjskytjsky Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited June 29, 2015
    Thanks Denise, that did the trick!

Any idea why it changed all on its own?
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2015
    This is absurd, whoever at Smugmug changed this should confess and fix this. This looks horrible all over my folder pages.

One on them now takes up 70% of the view on iPhone.
    i-8HdnkNH-S.jpg
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited June 29, 2015
    Allen wrote: »
    This is absurd, whoever at Smugmug changed this should confess and fix this.
    Agreed. Changes like this should not happen.

--- Denise
  • leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited June 30, 2015
    The design team has been working on several updates to the way content blocks are displayed, however, it's clear that the change to the font size of the Title is not making your sites more beautiful (in fact, less beautiful). We'll be going back to the smaller font size shortly.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
    edited June 30, 2015
    leftquark wrote: »
    The design team has been working on several updates to the way content blocks are displayed, however, it's clear that the change to the font size of the Title is not making your sites more beautiful (in fact, less beautiful). We'll be going back to the smaller font size shortly.
    Thanks for commenting.

Can you let us know when the change has been reverted so the CSS that was added to circumvent the change can be removed?

--- Denise
  • snakeey11snakeey11 Registered Users Posts: 88 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 30, 2015
    I've just reverted the changes, so it should be safe to remove the CSS you added. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

-Mike
    SmugMug Sorcerer
    (and an avid landscape photographer - view my website)
    edited June 30, 2015
    snakeey11 wrote: »
    I've just reverted the changes, so it should be safe to remove the CSS you added. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
    Thanks Mike.

I've removed the CSS and verified that everything looks good.

--- Denise
  • tjskytjsky Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited June 30, 2015
  • Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2015
    Thanks for the updates, leftquark and snakeey11 - not to mention to those who found the error in the first place. It actually helped me a little bit as it made me check my site and I ended up finding one of my galleries being stuck in the old design still... So double-thanks to all of you :)
    https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels
  • leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited July 20, 2015
    It is now possible to change the font size of Content Block Titles. If you give your content block a title, a "Title Size" option will appear. "Title Alignment", which has been available previously, will now only appear if you've entered text into the title.

By default, content blocks are set to the "Medium" size, which is what they've been set to since the launch of New SmugMug.

content_block_font_size-M.png
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
    edited July 20, 2015
    leftquark wrote: »
    It is now possible to change the font size of Content Block Titles. If you give your content block a title, a "Title Size" option will appear. "Title Alignment", which has been available previously, will now only appear if you've entered text into the title.

By default, content blocks are set to the "Medium" size, which is what they've been set to since the launch of New SmugMug.
    Thanks for letting us know about this - and thanks for leaving the default at Medium, greatly appreciated!

--- Denise