edited August 31, 2015 in SmugMug Support
I have already gone public with a NewSmug site. Why when logging in I get that
big blue "Let's get started" popup?
Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
My Website index | My Blog

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2015
    Logging in I just got the blue "Upload your photos to a new or existing gallery from here" popup
    on my site that I went public many many moons ago. :pissed
  • ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2015
    I'm getting the same or a similar problem. Can't do anything because the mouse is stuck on "upload". Both Chrome and FF.
    edited August 31, 2015
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    I'm getting the same or a similar problem. Can't do anything because the mouse is stuck on "upload". Both Chrome and FF.
    I think your popups are blocked. You should see a blue popup.
    edited August 31, 2015
    Think of the thousands of Smug sites that are locked out by this screen because they have popups disabled. :D
    edited August 31, 2015
    I have to go thru about five popups to get it to go away. :pissed
    edited August 31, 2015
    What do you mean "go through", Allen? I didn't even bother trying. If "upload" is the only option, and I don't want to do that... so what do you do?
    edited August 31, 2015
    I did email the issue to SM help. Hopefully along with a couple thousand other folks. :)
    edited August 31, 2015
    What do you mean "go through", Allen? I didn't even bother trying. If "upload" is the only option, and I don't want to do that... so what do you do?
    The blue popup is pointing to "Upload". I had to click "next" in the popup about 5 times for it to go away.
    If you don't see the popup there's nothing you can do.

In your browser enable popups for www.smugmug.com
  • phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2015
    Allen wrote: »
    The blue popup is pointing to "Upload". I had to click "next" in the popup about 5 times for it to go away.
    If you don't see the popup there's nothing you can do.

In your browser enable popups for www.smugmug.com

I got the same popups... but only once. After i clicked through all popups they were gone. I think smugmug added those for everyone especially for the newcomers because of october 15th deadline ( if i got that right...). I think more and more will now switch over to (not so) new smug and those popups will make it easier for new people to use the new smug.

P.S. Those blue popups do appear elsewhere too... photo organizer and cusomizer. So i think they just started to add a "tour" for beginners. Really not an issue for me.
  • leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited August 31, 2015
    We pushed an update to the blue guides to announce the new "Sell" button for Portfolio / Business accounts but it ended up showing everyone all the guides that you had already seen (when you first moved to New SmugMug). We've rolled back the update and the guides should no longer be displayed.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
    edited August 31, 2015
    I didn't get any popups (that I could see, anyway). Just appeared that Upload was the only option - except, it wasn't, it was not clickable. Allowing popups did finally work. Never had this happen before in any browser... SM must have tweaked something?
    edited August 31, 2015
    I didn't get any popups (that I could see, anyway). Just appeared that Upload was the only option - except, it wasn't, it was not clickable. Allowing popups did finally work. Never had this happen before in any browser... SM must have tweaked something?

When users first sign up, or when users on Old SM enter New SmugMug for the first time, they'll see a number of "Blue Guides", welcoming them to SmugMug and walking them through where all the tools are (like uploading, organizing, personalizing, etc). Since you're not a new user, you either saw these already or should have not seen them. We pushed an update that accidentally triggered these for you. The update has been reverted so the guides should no longer display for you.
    dGrin Afficionado
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
    edited August 31, 2015
    leftquark wrote: »
    When users first sign up, or when users on Old SM enter New SmugMug for the first time, they'll see a number of "Blue Guides", welcoming them to SmugMug and walking them through where all the tools are (like uploading, organizing, personalizing, etc). Since you're not a new user, you either saw these already or should have not seen them. We pushed an update that accidentally triggered these for you. The update has been reverted so the guides should no longer display for you.

Oooo-kayyy, headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

Not really :D but it's okay that I don't understand. I never saw blue guides. The image I posted above just shows how everything was grey except "upload", which was locked. That's all I ever saw... thumb.gif
    edited August 31, 2015
    Oooo-kayyy, headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

Not really :D but it's okay that I don't understand. I never saw blue guides. The image I posted above just shows how everything was grey except "upload", which was locked. That's all I ever saw... thumb.gif

The "Upload" guide is the first guide that users would see. Your custom CSS, though, is causing a conflict with the blue guides, which is why you couldn't see anything:
    .sm-user-ui .sm-tooltip, .sm-user-ui.sm-tooltip {
    visibility: hidden;
    }

I'm not sure what you were trying to hide with this but it can explain why some things may appear a bit wonky :( In the future we'll try to be more specific with our CSS so that you don't inadvertently alter something that shouldn't be altered!
    dGrin Afficionado