confirmation photos

kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
edited May 29, 2015 in People
I was asked to take some photos on a girls confirmation day of her and her family. Any thoughts?

15April_untitled_155-L.jpg

15April_untitled_125-L.jpg

15April_untitled_119-L.jpg

15April_untitled_057-L.jpg

15April_untitled_031-L.jpg

15April_untitled_004-L.jpg
Kate
www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain

Comments

• TravelTravel Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2015
    Really good ideas! You can make a business of this. The lighting needs some work. It is a little flat.
  • kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2015
    Thank you, Travel! The lighting was so challenging, as photos were taken early afternoon....any suggestions on what to do at that time of day?
    Kate
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • AddiebeeAddiebee Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited May 21, 2015
    Nice Lighting!
    They look great! It's nice to be able to walk away with something high quality after working through many challenges! clap.gif
    Addie
    http://addiebee.smugmug.com/
    "Hang on to your dreams with everything you got. Because the best life is when your dreams come true. The second-best is when they don't but you never stop chasing them." ~ Tim Dorsey
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2015
    I like #5.

I keep looking at 6. I can't decide if it's my favorite or if she looks bored.
  • TravelTravel Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2015
    ".any suggestions on what to do at that time of day?" In photos 4+5 the light seems to be coming in from the bottom side. We know lighting should come from the top at about 45 degrees. So you either need to add light to over power the natural light or you need to use a gobo to block the light coming from the bottom.
  • Reflections By BrianReflections By Brian Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited May 25, 2015
    These are all good. Number 5 is probably my favorite as the light is less flat, but number 6 is right up there too. 6 could be my favorite, but I agree with Mitchell and she looks a little bored. if you're shooting with natural light in the afternoon, you need to find a shady spot and/or have the sun behind you. The sun can be provide very harsh light that time of day if it shines directly on your subject. You can always use a reflector or a bit of flash to make the light a little more dynamic. Nice work though!
    edited May 29, 2015
    Travel wrote: »
    ".any suggestions on what to do at that time of day?" In photos 4+5 the light seems to be coming in from the bottom side. We know lighting should come from the top at about 45 degrees. So you either need to add light to over power the natural light or you need to use a gobo to block the light coming from the bottom.

Hmm, thanks, Travel, the light does look like it's coming from below. What is a gobo?
    Kate
    edited May 29, 2015
    These are all good. Number 5 is probably my favorite as the light is less flat, but number 6 is right up there too. 6 could be my favorite, but I agree with Mitchell and she looks a little bored. if you're shooting with natural light in the afternoon, you need to find a shady spot and/or have the sun behind you. The sun can be provide very harsh light that time of day if it shines directly on your subject. You can always use a reflector or a bit of flash to make the light a little more dynamic. Nice work though!

Thank you, good suggestions!
    Kate