Show me the money!

davemj98davemj98 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited September 15, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
:scratchI have been trying to get paid my profits for a couple months, and as usual cannot get the money. When I requested payment in August, that meant I wanted my money. When I requested my money in September, that did not say, 'don't pay me for August!' My use of chat just confirmed that you will not send me my money now until October, and you arbitrarily deleted my August request. Now I dont earn a whole lot of money with my account, but a couple hundred means a lot to someone living on social security. So can we avoid all the Orwellian double think, and quit saying a September request negates an August request? Why should I have to wait until October for MY money, unless there is another motive to hang on to my chump change? Boys, this is broke and it needs fixed. ASAP.
Dave
davidsdigitalphotography.com
Alpha 99 & VG, 900x2 & VG; 50mm1.4, CZ135 1.8; CZ16-35 2.8, CZ24-70 2.8, G70-200 2.8, G70-400, Sony TC 1.4, F20, F58, F60.

Comments

• grannyrobingrannyrobin Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2012
    It's your money, and we'd like to get it to you. I'll let our Countess of Cash know that you need it before the end of the month. I don't know what might have happened, but I can certainly understand needing money when you're living on social security.

I can't say how soon our Countess can get your money to you, but I promise i'll let her know of the problem.

-Robin
  • davemj98davemj98 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2012
    Cash
    headscratch.gifI have been replied to in a quick and professional manner, but the bottom line is that some program handles my request for payment, and if for some reason I have a really good time period on my sales, you cancel my previous request AUTOMATICALLY, and reschedule it for the next month. I was already unhappy that you take more than a month to give me MY money, do I have to will it to my next of kin? You have a big enough 'float' with my money, no need to make this even more burdensome. I have complained about this before, here, but there will be no third time. PLEASE fix this.
    Dave
    davidsdigitalphotography.com
    Alpha 99 & VG, 900x2 & VG; 50mm1.4, CZ135 1.8; CZ16-35 2.8, CZ24-70 2.8, G70-200 2.8, G70-400, Sony TC 1.4, F20, F58, F60.
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2012
    davemj98 wrote: »
    the bottom line is that some program handles my request for payment,

Hi Dave - while the above is true - the payment request is automated with a $500 threshold or a payment request made by the account owner. The payment status is set on the last day of the month, for inclusion in the next months payment cycle.

We have always paid with the same payment cycle - first business day after the 7th of the month, based on sales up to the last day of the previous month.
    davemj98 wrote: »
    and if for some reason I have a really good time period on my sales, you cancel my previous request AUTOMATICALLY, and reschedule it for the next month.

This is not true, but what is the case is that we record the last time the payment request was made. So a payment request made in August, for inclusion in the Sept. payment, will be overridden by a payment request made on Sept. 1. That will remove you from the Sept. payment queue.

As Robin has said, we will do our best to have you included in a special payment. We will handle those discussions via email from showmethemoney.

Thanks,
    ann