Danzón

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
edited July 29, 2015 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited May 14, 2015
    Nice conversion, Cristóbal. Well done. I think this would have been a stronger shot if we could see at least one of the faces, though it does tell a story as is. I want a hat like that--bought one in Mexico many years ago but I have no idea what became of it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2015
    Thanks Richard, interesting perspective. I actually chose this pic among others precisely because it was anonymous. I thought it captured the essence of dancing without being a story about those two individualsne_nau.gif
  • CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2015
    Actually, I was struck by the fact that you can't see their faces - kept me looking at the image for far longer than I probably would have otherwise! I love this shot.
    edited May 14, 2015
    Cavalier wrote: »
    Actually, I was struck by the fact that you can't see their faces - kept me looking at the image for far longer than I probably would have otherwise! I love this shot.
    Thank you very much Jo! :D
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2015
    I'm going to agree with.............. Jo! thumb.gif
    In this story, I don't miss the faces.
    However, that leaves the hands as major expressive elements, and so, I do miss the cut-off hand...
    Eric ~ Smugmug
    edited July 29, 2015
    Earache wrote: »
    I'm going to agree with.............. Jo! thumb.gif
    In this story, I don't miss the faces.
    However, that leaves the hands as major expressive elements, and so, I do miss the cut-off hand...

Thanks Eric. I agree with you about the chopped hand, I wish I had opened the frame a bit more.
  • ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2015
    It's a very nice composition and I love the B&W conversion. I do agree with Jo and Eric. I don't miss
    the faces but I really would like to see that hand. I also really like the hat! Fits great in this shot.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

edited July 29, 2015
    It's a very nice composition and I love the B&W conversion. I do agree with Jo and Eric. I don't miss
    the faces but I really would like to see that hand. I also really like the hat! Fits great in this shot.

Thanks for the comment, as I said I wish I had a wider shot...