Getting logged out again

dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
edited July 31, 2015 in SmugMug Support
An old problem seems to be back again.
Every time I open smugmug I'm logged out and have to log in again.

I use Firefox.

Cheers,
See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com

Comments

• annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 22, 2015
    Sorry to hear that, Dennis! Just to confirm, is your browser set to accept third party cookies? Can you please clear SmugMug cookies and restart Firefox? Are you seeing the same behavior in other browsers, too?

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2015
    annnna8888 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, Dennis! Just to confirm, is your browser set to accept third party cookies? Can you please clear SmugMug cookies and restart Firefox? Are you seeing the same behavior in other browsers, too?

That did the trick, thanks
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • KurgenKurgen Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited July 24, 2015
    Same here. It's only started happening the last week or two (to my knowledge), and clearing all SmugMug cookies in Firefox isn't fixing it. Ever so slightly annoying. :)
  • David-StallardDavid-Stallard Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2015
    I'm using Google Chrome and same problem - this last week every time I go back to smug I need to log in, I haven't changed any settings. Not the end of the world but it is just a little annoying

.DAVID.
    http://www.davidstallardphotography.com/

Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited July 26, 2015
    Also being logged out a lot in the last week. Chrome.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 26, 2015
    Kurgen and David and David,

Can you please clear the SmugMug cookies as well as your domain cookies, then restart the browser and log in again?

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • David-StallardDavid-Stallard Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2015
    Well I tried that during the week to no avail - just cleared history again and everything seems okay again. Thank you once again

.DAVID. x
    http://www.davidstallardphotography.com/

Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints
  • rkw624rkw624 Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2015
    Count me in on this problem also!
    Rich
  • Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2015
    Same here. Same time frame.
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2015
    me too
    I can sign in and see stats. I can't get the upload to work. I can't create a gallery.
    I did change my password today but then I changed it back. Keep getting logged out.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
    edited July 31, 2015
    EXTREMELY slow uploads tonight. And had to log in several times today too - still having that problem. The default uploader was pokey to report successful uploads, and then an hour or more to display some of the uploaded shots. There were a total of 14 16-23MB images, four of which are still "processing."

EDIT: So I waited long enough, and decided to delete the four processing photos. Even that didn't go well as the deletion process threw up error messages that I couldn't delete. They did eventually go away despite the message telling me that it had failed to delete them. Trying to re-upload the four one by one now.

And... that didn't work either. First, it wouldn't let me log back in at all. Took a few attempts and the lag time was bad. Then I discovered FOUR copies of one of the attempted re-uploaded shots. Attempting to delete the quad-duplicates. The deletion process is still tossing error messages. SM is really screwed up for me right now.

Cleared all Smugmug cookies out of Chrome. Didn't help with either issue.

EDIT2: Shut down and started up again. I made new images, thinking it might have been corrupted images. It wasn't. Re-uploaded. Then the SM duplicating issue happened again. This time two copies of any uploaded images. Don't know what is going on, but I am giving up now until SM fixes whatever it is that is wrong. I am on a deadline with a paid project and I hope I can deliver these to the client in the next 24 hours.

EDIT3: I see you have an incident report up now that wasn't there several minutes ago.
    My Smugmug
  • com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2015
    same issue. everytime i open SM, i'm logged out and need to log in again. same time frame...over the last few days, both on my computer (chrome) and my phone (chrome).

also, as above post...super slow, uploads aren't working. just tried to upload 5 shots, now says i have 18 images processing... something is b0rk3d. :)

user: 4theriders.smugmug.com

thx wizard hero support awesome people! you guys really are the bee's knees! :D
  • com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2015
    update.... uploads seem to be working as normal again.
    edited July 31, 2015
    Yay! SM is working for me normally again. Thank you SM!
    My Smugmug