The Coin Collector

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
edited June 20, 2010 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2010
    Really interesting light and lots of potential…

…but he's a bit too close to the edge of the frame; I keep looking from him across the gap to the main centre of attention (book pile, then row of tables receding into the background). I think it would be better if he were looking into the camera; as shown, I want to turn my head to see what he's looking at.

…also, there's something funny happening at the edge of the wall; almost like CA (perhaps that's what it actually is, in colour it would be purple fringing…) There's also something odd on the corners of the canopies???? All the lighter area seems weird; what processing was done on this one? (in PS "find edges"?, well you certainly found them…) headscratch.gif

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2010
    Wil Davis wrote: »
    Really interesting light and lots of potential…

…but he's a bit too close to the edge of the frame; I keep looking from him across the gap to the main centre of attention (book pile, then row of tables receding into the background). I think it would be better if he were looking into the camera; as shown, I want to turn my head to see what he's looking at.

…also, there's something funny happening at the edge of the wall; almost like CA (perhaps that's what it actually is, in colour it would be purple fringing…) There's also something odd on the corners of the canopies???? All the lighter area seems weird; what processing was done on this one? (in PS "find edges"?, well you certainly found them…) headscratch.gif

thumb.gif

- Wil

cant' argue with that but at the same it does have your Painterly effect, I think :D
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited June 20, 2010
    Thanks, guys. I don't think it's CA. I did process this one quite a bit, mainly to restore detail in the bright area, which was overexposed. It's probably a result of using high-pass sharpening in vivid light blending mode. It shouldn't be hard to back it off a bit.