Comments

• Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2010
    well seen :D
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2010
    Oops. Photo has disappeared. Unless you took a picture of a question mark with a blue background!

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2010
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Seen
    ... and gone! :D
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2010
    not seen
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2010
    ... and gone! :D
    Eureka! thumb.gif
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2010
    Really like the glasses and the body postures! The "Cream Cafe"?
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2010
    Definitely worth the wait, BD. I love this photo. The little girl with the dark glasses looking at the man beside her (father?) makes the photo for me. Plus I have a real soft spot for reflection shots and this one really works.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2010
    Ah! Glad it finally turned up! (…thought I was going blind when I looked earlier! eek7.gif )

Great picture! …but you know there are other pics within this one…

…including a really tightly square-cropped version of the Ice-Cream Eater on the right! Beautiful picture of a young girl without a care in the world… …who in their right mind would have cares when eating ice-cream, eh?

I mean, c'mon chaps! Get real!

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • Options
    edited June 17, 2010
    Wil Davis wrote: »
    Ah! Glad it finally turned up!
    Me too!
    Great picture! …but you know there are other pics within this one……including a really tightly square-cropped version of the Ice-Cream Eater on the right!
    While the girl makes a charming cameo and is the main point of interest and focus, I feel she needs to be seen in the wider context.
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2010
    Ah! Glad it finally turned up! (…thought I was going blind when I looked earlier! eek7.gif )

Great picture! …but you know there are other pics within this one…

…including a really tightly square-cropped version of the Ice-Cream Eater on the right! Beautiful picture of a young girl without a care in the world… …who in their right mind would have cares when eating ice-cream, eh?

I mean, c'mon chaps! Get real!

thumb.gif

- Wil

You're certainly correct that there are a number of images within the image, however...any crop would lose the overall image, which includes the bored to tears mother on the far left, and the Blackberry obsessed father in the middle, both of which, I would contend, are important parts of what the images is about. mwink.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2010
    rainbow wrote: »
    Really like the glasses and the body postures! The "Cream Cafe"?

JP Licks, Massachusetts Avenue, just down from Harvard Square - that's Harvard serving as background in the window. I've posted another shot in this window - actually there's a thumbnail from it serving as the ad for my upcoming workshop (it's in rotation above.)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• Options
    edited June 18, 2010
    Flyinggina wrote: »
    Definitely worth the wait, BD. I love this photo. The little girl with the dark glasses looking at the man beside her (father?) makes the photo for me. Plus I have a real soft spot for reflection shots and this one really works.

Virginia

Thanks, Virginia. Bored Mom, bored distracted Dad, and what I assume are sisters. And I love this window for its endless show, and the great Harvard houses reflection it provides.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• Options
    seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2010
    Bam! Just a great photo.
  • Options
    PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2010
    Nice one BD. I love the little girl's posture and look. Mum looks exhausted.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2010
    bdcolen wrote: »
    …the bored to tears mother on the far left, and the Blackberry obsessed father in the middle, both of which, I would contend, are important parts of what the images is about. mwink.gif

I get the preoccupied dad, the "in her own world" girl on the right, and the "are we there yet?" girl in the middle, but it never occurred to me that the dozing woman at the end might be the mum; there really isn't anything to connect her with the rest of the group, although perhaps there might be a family resemblance with "are we there yet?". On first sight I didn't connect her with the others; perhaps I should look more carefully! ne_nau.gif

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau