Nap

mikepennmikepenn Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
edited June 21, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Franklin Square Park in Philadelphia

4712590157_4c26fb278c_b.jpg

Comments

• FlowermanFlowerman Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2010
    Great shot - IMO it could be made even better with the top vehicles and the left electrical boxes eliminated. Note: having seen so much of your GREAT work in B&W I am curious as to how this looks in B&W and why you chose to display in color.
    ED

www.photoman74.smugmug.com
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2010
    I should have commented on this before. I am extremely curious about the departure into colour. I'm trying to learn more about colour in street myself and would be interested in your thoughts. I'm not sure about the image itself, but it feels slightly over-saturated.
  • mikepennmikepenn Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2010
    Flowerman wrote: »
    Great shot - IMO it could be made even better with the top vehicles and the left electrical boxes eliminated. Note: having seen so much of your GREAT work in B&W I am curious as to how this looks in B&W and why you chose to display in color.
    ED

www.photoman74.smugmug.com

Color is something I wanted to do for awhile. I didn't like it in B&W.
  • FlowermanFlowerman Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2010
    Mike: I am very happy that someone as accomplished as yourself is entertaining the addition of Color to Street Photography. Please keep them coming - I know I will learn plenty from your color postings.
    ED
    edited June 21, 2010
    Flowerman wrote: »
    Mike: I am very happy that someone as accomplished as yourself is entertaining the addition of Color to Street Photography. Please keep them coming - I know I will learn plenty from your color postings.
    ED

Thank you.

I just bought a Polaroid camera and will be ordering film soon too. Speaking of film, I'm going to buy two film cameras and have one set up for day and one for night. I just bought a large amount of Tmax-400, Fuji Neopan 1600 and Delta 3200 film. I don't want to limit myself to digital or even just B&W.
    edited June 21, 2010
    michswiss wrote: »
    I should have commented on this before. I am extremely curious about the departure into colour. I'm trying to learn more about colour in street myself and would be interested in your thoughts. I'm not sure about the image itself, but it feels slightly over-saturated.

Actually the saturation wasn't raised that much. They just got done treating that grass. I'm just starting to figure out color myself so i will have to get back to you on that, Laughing.gif.