Rusty Morsel

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited August 16, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
Rise up, you fellow RUST JUNKIES. We haven't been fed properly lately. Come on, let's throw some meat on the table.

summer%202014%20279-X3.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited August 14, 2014
    OWWWWwwwwww. That rust is buuuuuuuurning my eyeballs!
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited August 15, 2014
    Damn you, Tom. Now I'm all hung up trying to read it. lol3.gif Dad's Fixit Shop, maybe? Dad's Bait Shop? I'm pretty sure of Dad and Shop, but the middle word is tough. headscratch.gif
  • FiddlestixFiddlestix Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2014
    Looks like Dad's Fix-It Shop but also looks like dad severed an artery and sprayed blood all over his sign! lol3.gif
    Images from SE Asia - some like it HOT
    http://fiddlefoto.smugmug.com

Cheers!
    Stix
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited August 15, 2014
    Fiddlestix wrote: »
    Looks like Dad's Fix-It Shop but also looks like dad severed an artery and sprayed blood all over his sign! lol3.gif
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2014
    David_S85 wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gifrolleyes1.gifrofl

We were due Tom...Thanks!

I hear the call..... :D
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2014
    I think you need to get a Tetanus shot after coming in contact with this thing!
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2014
    Yeah! thumb.gif

Most definitely due for a Rust Junkie fix!

Thank you, kindly! :D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2014
    David_S85 wrote: »

OWWWWWWW. Got me too. Luckily, I'm wearing my 10-stop sun glasses.

Good to hear from you, David,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited August 15, 2014
    Richard wrote: »
    Damn you, Tom. Now I'm all hung up trying to read it. lol3.gif Dad's Fixit Shop, maybe? Dad's Bait Shop? I'm pretty sure of Dad and Shop, but the middle word is tough. headscratch.gif

It's either ' fixit ' or ' fix-it '. I can't tell for sure from any of the exposures I shot. Didn't mean to twist you up there Richard. Then again, anyone who can duke it out in Spain these days has to be double tough.

See ya , buddy,

Tom
    edited August 15, 2014
    Fiddlestix wrote: »

See my remarks to Richard above. You're probably right on ' fix-it '. There's none of all that red in the image I recorded....only showed up after I had sprinkled some of my magic rust-enhancing elixir all over it.

Tom
    edited August 15, 2014
    Earache wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gifrolleyes1.gifrofl

We were due Tom...Thanks!

I hear the call..... :D

Shoot, Eric, we were way past being due. Shame on us.

That's a killer shot you posted in response to hearing " the call ". clap.gif

Take care,

Tom
    edited August 15, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    I think you need to get a Tetanus shot after coming in contact with this thing!

I'll give that an " Amen ", Taz. I think my brief tangle with the thing gave me toxic butt-burn.

See you,

Tom
    edited August 15, 2014
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    Yeah! thumb.gif

Most definitely due for a Rust Junkie fix!

Thank you, kindly! :D

Don

Yes sir, Don, most definitely. I can't wait to see what you will fling on the table. Let's just flat pig out to make up for the long, dry spell.

Take care,

Tom
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2014
    Thanks Tom! We needed this.
    edited August 16, 2014
    Juano wrote: »
    Thanks Tom! We needed this.

Yeah, Cristóbal, we surely did. I don't think any photography I do is quite as satisfying, or gives me as much of a thrill, as I experience when I work up a really good rust piece. That core satisfaction must revolve around the fact it was I who generated this work and brought it to life. I love my cars, the old barns, and other subjects I highlight. That stuff is virtually 100 per cent " documentary " in nature. This rust stuff, though, can really let you express yourself in a myriad of ways that are unique to the endeavor. LONG LIVE RUST.

Take care,

Tom
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2014
    Yeah, Cristóbal, we surely did. I don't think any photography I do is quite as satisfying, or gives me as much of a thrill, as I experience when I work up a really good rust piece. That core satisfaction must revolve around the fact it was I who generated this work and brought it to life. I love my cars, the old barns, and other subjects I highlight. That stuff is virtually 100 per cent " documentary " in nature. This rust stuff, though, can really let you express yourself in a myriad of ways that are unique to the endeavor. LONG LIVE RUST.

Take care,

Tom

Well said Tom.