Outcast on the farm

The Lazy DestroyerThe Lazy Destroyer Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
edited December 3, 2015 in Landscapes
Grabbed this one last weekend on a whim, down the road from my place.

i-pBQT7xF-XL.jpg
____Motoception Photography____
www.motoception.com

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2015
    Very nice! One could shoot this all day!
  • bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2015
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2015
    Beautiful shot, but for my taste the colors are a bit over-saturated. Cheers, Sara
  • roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2015
    Very nice, wonderful colors, textures and warm light. thumb.gifthumb

Phil
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2015
    Great image! Very envious of the opportunity! thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • The Lazy DestroyerThe Lazy Destroyer Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2015
    I've been wanting to grab some pics of this for a long time. I never have my camera on me any time I drive by, but this time I was coming back from an event and had to take my chance when I saw it.

This was taken from the side of the road at the fence line. As I was taking this, an older gentleman comes pulling up on his tractor. We trade waves. He gets out and walks up, I'm not sure what to expect so I say a quick "hi". He tells me his gate's going to be open for the next ten minutes while he cuts the grass by the road, and that I was more than welcome to walk in and get some closer shots of the barn on his property! How awesome! I wasn't prepared for closer shots but still took the opportunity cause how cool is that. He just said the only thing I couldn't do was go inside the barn because "it's seriously about to fall down" Laughing.gif

I kinda wish I had gotten his pic too but I still haven't really gotten over the whole take pictures of people thing. But the shots of the barn were certainly cool enough.

The event I went to was kind of a bust so I felt that at least I got some decent shots of the barn I had been wanting to get. Made up for it no doubt.

I got a few more angles but I think this angle turned out the best. I did a little more processing on the colors than I normally do, a little more "punch", I want to go back to the original shot and try something different too, so maybe this will be something I toy with when I have spare time to try different styles of processing. I'd like to work on a B&W of it.

Maybe put a print in his mailbox as a "thank you" for his hospitality thumb.gif
    ____Motoception Photography____
    www.motoception.com
  • LightsearcherLightsearcher Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2015
    Very nice, love the saturated colors.

Marcelo