Options

Tenacity

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited January 31, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
mountains%2010%20-%2009%20030-X3.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2015
    Nice to see you post Tom!!
    Looks like you have uncovered the Gas-Station-sink graveyard!!wings.gif
    The good thing about this shot is that if you felt icky and had urge to hurl....well....so many to choose from!rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2015
    Hi Tom, nicely seen, and I love the title.

My father once asked me "What's the difference between a Buffalo and a Bison?"

It's obvious, you can't wash your hands in a Buffalo!! rolleyes1.gif ( It may have been funnier 50 years ago).

Cheers, Richard.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,913 moderator
    edited January 30, 2015
    R.Jay wrote: »
    It's obvious, you can't wash your hands in a Buffalo!! rolleyes1.gif
    I didn't get it till I read the question with an Australian accent lol3.gif

Cool shot, Tom. Life does find a way, doesn't it?
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Nice to see you post Tom!!
    Looks like you have uncovered the Gas-Station-sink graveyard!!wings.gif
    The good thing about this shot is that if you felt icky and had urge to hurl....well....so many to choose from!rolleyes1.gif

You should have seen this place, Taz. These old sinks, and an equal number of old tubs, literally covered several acres. I rounded a bend on one of my mountain jaunts and there they were...it was a surreal scene.

See you,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2015
    R.Jay wrote: »
    Hi Tom, nicely seen, and I love the title.

My father once asked me "What's the difference between a Buffalo and a Bison?"

It's obvious, you can't wash your hands in a Buffalo!! rolleyes1.gif ( It may have been funnier 50 years ago).

Cheers, Richard.

I tell you, Richard, there were hundreds of these things all over the place. Once the " caretaker " there became convinced that I wasn't wanting to make off with a bunch of them, he consented to me wandering around. After wrestling for a while on how best to capture such a display, I took the easy way out and opted to just grab a few abstracts.

How about sharing more of your splendid work with us.....been too long.

Tom
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2015
    Richard wrote: »
    I didn't get it till I read the question with an Australian accent lol3.gif

Cool shot, Tom. Life does find a way, doesn't it?

Like you, Richard, once I slipped into the Aussie vernacular, I didn't feel so dumb. rolleyes1.gifI think I discovered where all these things flee to when they're trying to escape the smelter.

Take care,

Tom
  • Options
    The Lazy DestroyerThe Lazy Destroyer Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2015
    Nice shot, the plant coming out of the one sink really makes me like this one even more
    ____Motoception Photography____
    www.motoception.com
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2015
    Nice shot, the plant coming out of the one sink really makes me like this one even more

The plant was what caused me to compose the shot this way. Like you, I feel it added a real point of interest to the image.

Gotta love your avatar. I've leaned off of a few things over the years, but never a guard rail.

Tom
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2015
    Fantastic shot Tom. I want to go there!
  • Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2015
    Once the " caretaker " there became convinced that I wasn't wanting to make off with a bunch of them, he consented to me wandering around.

Tom

Seriously Tom? Whatever did he think you would want them for??? :D Then again, it looks like they would make nice planters !

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Options
    mayflymayfly Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2015
    Excellent shot! I love the pastel colors of the sinks.
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2015
    Juano wrote: »
    Fantastic shot Tom. I want to go there!

Thanks, Cristóbal. I'd like to see a whole hoard of us descend on this place. I can only imagine the multitude of interpretations our group could generate from this scene.

BTW, you've been awful quiet with the postings lately. Fire it up.

Take care my friend,

Tom
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2015
    Jack'll do wrote: »
    Seriously Tom? Whatever did he think you would want them for??? :D Then again, it looks like they would make nice planters !

Better yet, Jack, how in the hell did he think I could make off with the things? It would have taken me 15 minutes to drag just one of them to my vehicle. You have to realize, though, there are some pretty suspicious folks who live in those mountains.

I like the planter idea. More thoughts for my man cave.

See you,

Tom