Sales

dglasdglas Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited August 29, 2015 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
How do I disable the sales

Comments

• AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2015
    See this thread: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=252244 ???

Just be aware that when YOU are logged in, YOU will still see the "BUY" button
    See that thread
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • McKsauceMcKsauce Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited August 28, 2015
    Hi DGals,

You can disable the 'Shopping Cart' from within the 'Gallery Settings' under the shopping tab. @AceCo55 is correct. While you're logged into your SmugMug account you will always see the option to BUY. To view the site as a visitor would, I suggest looking at the site from another browser, one here you're not logged in.

i-49pdq4w.png
    ----

SmugMug Support Hero -

----
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2015
    If you want all your galleries set to shopping Cart off. You will have to do this to every gallery on your site.
    The only quick way (haha) is go into Organizer. At the top of the left tree highlight to top folder.
    In the right pane you'll see every folder, page and gallery in that folder.
    Highlight every gallery. Be sure no sub-folders or pages are selected.

Click Setting top left
    Click Shopping on left
    On right, check box in front of Shopping Cart
    Click OFF
    At bottom click Save

Expand that folder if applicable
    Repeat for sub-folders if exists

March down though your whole tree and do this. Not very quick but at least you can do galleries in groups.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • dglasdglas Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 29, 2015
    I see the 'Buy' sign even when not logged in. However if I change browsers I don't see the 'Buy' sign. Seems there should be a way to see the site as a visiter without having to check it with a different browser.
  • McKsauceMcKsauce Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited August 29, 2015
    Hi dglas,

If you're viewing the same gallery from two different browser and one is showing the 'BUY' button and the other is not, then you are logged in on the browser showing the button. Everyone usually has a main browser they use. I suggest staying logged in to your SmugMug account on your main browser. Use another browser, one where you're not logged in to view the site like a visitor would. Please feel free to email the SmugMug help desk if you need us to look at a specific gallery.
    ----

SmugMug Support Hero -

----
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2015
    If you are in "migrating mode" you can only see NewSmug when logged in. And that's why you see the BUY button.
    There is no way to see NewSmug if not logged in before Publishing to the public so there's no way to check if the
    BUY button doesn't show logged out.

I never use the Preview button as in the past it was broken. Not sure if it is working now and only shows what the public will see.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog