Options

Custom Galleries Page Challenge

TeetimeTeetime Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
edited August 29, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
Is this possible? I would like to have a page with about 8 galleries. I wish to manually order them on the page, separated by type - photographs and video. I would like to have a "Photographs" heading over the photo galleries and "Videos" over the video galleries. Is this doable?
Jerry

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2015
    I believe you can - at least this is one method:
    - In the page (first - checking this part, you really mean page and not folder, correct?)
    - Drag in one folder block, the one for photo galleries (if you want that group first). Populate the folder with just the photo galleries.
    - Drag in a 2nd folder block, for videos. Populate it with the video galleries.
    - Place a text or html content block above or beside (your choice) each, labeling for Photos and Videos.

For the method above, the photo and video galleries can be located, "live together" in the same folder. If that is the case, then if you update later (add new galleries with photos or videos), you will have to go find and add them manually to this page you have created.

If the photo galleries are in one folder, and the videos are in another, then the folder content blocks you add on your new page, can grab the whole folder for each type. Later if you add more galleries, they will auto-populate in the folder block on your new Page.
  • Options
    TeetimeTeetime Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2015
    ChancyRat, I'm not able to work on this until tomorrow but that sounds perfect. Thanks for responding!
    Jerry

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2015
    Teetime wrote: »
    Is this possible? I would like to have a page with about 8 galleries. I wish to manually order them on the page, separated by type - photographs and video. I would like to have a "Photographs" heading over the photo galleries and "Videos" over the video galleries. Is this doable?
    Create a Page and drag 8 gallery boxes out to it.
    In each box add the title.
    Point each to a gallery using "Select From" > "Galleries | Choose"
    You can go to Organizer and put in any other your want.
    Edit: Oops, I missed one title.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog